• Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 2,992

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
I had full faith in judiciary: Azhar after ban lift : Cricketnext

In what should come as a relief for the former India skipper Mohammad Azharuddin, the Andhra Pradesh High Court on Friday said the life ban on the cricketer is unsustainable by law. A division bench of the high court set aside the order of a lower court which had upheld the ban.

"I have nothing more to day. The court has taken its decision. I want to contribute to Indian cricket. I will wait and see. I kept patience all through. My lawyers fought. Am pleased. I won’t blame anyone. What happened was not right. I wont take legal action against anyone. I am happy today.

“I won’t take any action against the BCCI. What is done is done where the Madhavan Committee is concerned. This verdict was necessary. My conscience is clear. Do I know if there were vested interests? I don't know. What will I get out of talking about this? I have moved on. I have said what I needed to say. I have always been positive. As I said I am not here to blame anyone.”

Cricinfo

The BCCI had banned Azharuddin on December 5, 2000 for his involvement in match-fixing. Since then, Azharuddin, 49, has had no involvement in cricket-related matters and became a politician in 2009. He is currently a member of parliament from Moradabad constituency in Uttar Pradesh.

Hmm, personally I never felt that he and Ajay Jadeja were involved.But dont know the real truth as well. We will never know.Nothing really came out.Although now I have a feeling that BCCI will now give Azhar some role. BCCI will also pay him for his service in Indian cricket. (Benefits that BCCI gave to all past players)Jadeja had won the case in 2003. He was also official anchor in one of the IPLs. I dont know how come Azhar's case lasted so long.

jadeja is son in law of jaya jaitley.............so u know.and azhar came into congress and politics quite later..........so u know:-l

I was always not happy that details never came out. If you ask me were they guilty, my answer is not sure, but probably yes. But I am sure that even if they were involved, they were only scapegoats in a larger group.

wrong decision.So after so many years they say this, making mockery of the original judgement.For once I thought India was strong on match fixing compared to other countries and this happens.

jadeja is son in law of brinda karat.............so u know.

Jaya Jaitly, not Brinda Karat.

Yes, but I doubt that Jaya Jaitley has so much influence that she can get a court case resolved in just 2 years?If she could do that, she wud have got him back in indian cricket team too. but that didnt happen.There are so many pending cases against powerful politicians, if they cant scrap the cases, how can Jaya Jaitley do that?

If big politicians cant get court cases against them to be cleaned up fast. How can Jaya Jaitley do that?And that too for Son-in-law and that too for a case which does not make much difference.(as Jadeja had almost passed age limit for playing cricket by the time he was cleared by court)Hope I make some sense.

a case with not much important issue is the one that can be made scarped easily .and the big shot gun cases with big important accusations and pending scrutiny are most watched and hence cannot be scrapped so easily? i hope am making some sense

You are not getting it.1) Case was filed BY Jadeja and not AGAINST Jadeja.2) Case was against BCCI (a giant even at that time).So its not like BCCI wud not try to influence judges.(although losing case was not going to hurt them)Additionally, Jadeja's name gets cleared sooner or later did not make any difference to Jadeja. (as his cricket was already over)Why would Jaya Jaitley try to influence a court case for such a small issue and risk her political career?Just imagine if some opposition party gets a slight hint towards such attempt of Jaya Jaitley to influence court. They can easily make mountain our of a mole. For trying to support a CRICKET CRIMINAL.Doing that in cricket crazy country means end of votes.So I doubt she wud try to influence something that wud anyway have ended in the same way. It was only question of sooner or later. Remember politicians have lots of patience. They can wait for decades without worrying. Why wud she lose her patience?

There was a cricket reporter if great repute, who died a few years ago; I can't recollect his name. He had written that there were loads of cash in Jadeja's and Azaruddin's rooms during matches, obviously from match fixing. Both are guilty and both used political connections to get the ruling overturned. Shame on them. Azhar has already paid for his sins; his son died in a road accident. Jadeja will soon, hmmmmmm.

so azhar did fixing and for this "sin".........he paid the price by his son's death? thats news to me :shock:

Now why should son die because of Azhar's deeds? That is beyond my understanding. I think you are just linking two unrelated things.There are so many corrupts, not everyone's son die within a decade, right???And if someone writes something, how to verify if it was written neutrally? (I am not saying its not true, it may be true or may not be.)And if BCCI let go the cases against Jadeja and Azhar, inspite having concrete proof of money found. Then that wud mean BCCI is also involved. So if BCCI is involved, why wud it catch them at first place?I think this may be more related to Jadeja being related to kings of jamnagar and also related to Ranjit Sinhji and Duleep Sinhji. May be they cud have influenced the case.I doubt it wud be Jaya Jaitley.Just the guesses