Galaxy Nexus Might be/Finally Coming To India??

• Thread starter Thread starter rvisharma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,617
But thats not nexus 4. Its older one.

Considering Nexus 4 is from a rival, I see this as a strong possibility, especially if Nexus 4 India launch is confirmed.

Sorry for disappointing update but this page has existed for a long time now.

Hmm... But, I still think it may not be a bad idea for Samsung to launch Galaxy Nexus here, as it would counter Nexus 4 which in turn could eating into its sales.

could work but i do not see the point. samsung is very much focused on their touchwiz experience. launching a phone with stock android would just cause confusion for people. fine it would get some customers who know the concept behind the nexus branded devices. but samsung would probably stick with their own Galaxy devices where they have total control over.

Well, I am going with the fact that Nexus S was released a bit late, and if I am not wrong, it did sell a few devices. As you say it might all come down to what strategy they might want to adopt.

The nexus 4 or Samsung Galaxy nexus?

I am saying Samsung could think about launching Galaxy Nexus, to counter any drop in sales of their Touchwiz based models like S3, S2, Note etc because of LG's Nexus 4

Well, I am going with the fact that Nexus S was released a bit late, and if I am not wrong, it did sell a few devices. As you say it might all come down to what strategy they might want to adopt.

I am saying Samsung could think about launching Galaxy Nexus, to counter any drop in sales of their Touchwiz based models like S3, S2, Note etc because of LG's Nexus 4

It did sell a few because it was taken off the market quite soon . There was more demand for it than Galaxy S

samsung has two advantages here. people do not buy LG devices. people do not know the advantages of a nexus device. they go for samsung because of the brand it has created. hell people do not even go for htc models even though they have a much better build quality. or even Sony. samsung is the manufacturer of almost every android device i see in people's hand around me. few years ago, i did see sensation and desire in people's hand. they have practically disappeared. gurgaon market is largely dominated by the iPhone, note and Galaxy s iii. have not seen any other model in a long time. no one is going to buy a lg smartphone in india just because it is being sold by lg. unfortunate, yes. samsung probably knows this and even if lg nexus 4 is priced in the range of 22-27K, i do not see them lowering the prices of their existing models like the s2.

That is true I guess to an extent. And they would probably would analyze the situation of LG eating into any possible sales, and likely to feel its not a major impact. In fact, I myself might consider brands like Micromax as only being a few shades below LG. Similarly people may go for such brands when do not want to spend on Samsung.