Range of N300 vis-a-vis N150 routers

chaibiskutbhai

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel 999
I currently use a Belkin N150 router at home. No issues with it, but signals get poor when I get further away from it, especially on another floor. Hence, I'm planning to upgrade to a N300 router which apparently has a better range than N150 routers.Since I need only a marginal upgrade, I had shortlisted TP-Link TL-WR841N Router.I would like to get clarity on two issues.1. Do N300 routers really have better range than N150 routers? (Not concerned about max speeds)2. Is the TP-Link TL-WR841N a reliable and sensible buy at 1700 bucks? Or any good direct competitors at similar price point?

I have the Belkin N300 and didnt find it to be stable or providing longer range coverage. I am using a Linksys and an Asus (in repeater mode) for multi room capability at the moment. I was using the N300 too as a repeater, but it would keep dropping the connectino to the main router and I got fed up...

AFAIK, there is no difference in range. What would make a difference would be the number of antennas and their power.WDS would have been a good option but I don't think that router would support it.

First, try keeping the router at the highest point in the house, say first floor or second floor, ther signals travel downwards better, and for gods sake dont keep giving into D-Link, Belkin shit of you wa t to cover decent area in your house, TP-Link is the only choice where cost/performance is better than any other product in market.if you still want to go with D-Link/belkin, buy an access point and try setting it in repeater mode and keep it whre ever the signal is low.

I currently use a Belkin N150 router at home. No issues with it, but signals get poor when I get further away from it, especially on another floor. Hence, I'm planning to upgrade to a N300 router which apparently has a better range than N150 routers.

Since I need only a marginal upgrade, I had shortlisted TP-Link TL-WR841N Router.

I would like to get clarity on two issues.

1. Do N300 routers really have better range than N150 routers? (Not concerned about max speeds)

2. Is the TP-Link TL-WR841N a reliable and sensible buy at 1700 bucks? Or any good direct competitors at similar price point?

TL-WR841N Router is very goood choice ..........
but if u want to attach high rang antenna then go for TL-WR841ND .....

First, try keeping the router at the highest point in the house, say first floor or second floor, ther signals travel downwards better, and for gods sake dont keep giving into D-Link, Belkin shit of you wa t to cover decent area in your house, TP-Link is the only choice where cost/performance is better than any other product in market.

if you still want to go with D-Link/belkin, buy an access point and try setting it in repeater mode and keep it whre ever the signal is low.

I have a TP link 1043nd router and replaced all the 3 (3dbi) antenna's to (9dbi) antenna's an i don't find any difference in the signal strength and moreover the N only speeds are very bad in this router.