• Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,449
Status
Not open for further replies.

sumit28june

ISP
Net1 - Bulgaria (European Union)
Hi to all fellow members,

First of all, I'm glad to see such an online hub which is helpful for so many people to find out real reviews, speeds etc. regarding broadband, 3G etc. and is helpful in making final decision. Keep up the great work everyone. 🙂

I'm coming back home after 6 years of studies finally over... Currently I'm in Sofia, Bulgaria. I have a connection of 45 Mbps here and it's pretty cheap too - Rs.1050/month with no FUP or such stupid stuff. You can keep downloading 1 TB, 2 TB and no one's gonna come and say ki ab ruk jaao bhai.. : ))
I get around 4 mbps speed when I'm downloading files on torrent..ofcourse depends on seeders/leechers, but i'm just saying that I get upto 4 mbps at best circumstance.

I reside in South Delhi near Saket. I searched all kind of broadband plans and currently have an mtnl plan at home aswell as a USB photon stick too.
But my main concern is seriously low speeds in India + every plan comes with certain kind of FUP or otherwise speed isn't really that good.

Anyways, once I'm home, I'm not gonna use something more than Youtube (I watch videos on 260p or 480p atleast). I don't mind download torrent files which may take certain hours, but youtube and such other flash sites shouldn't have problem buffering.

Can someone please suggest me some good plan under Rs.1000/month with unlimited usage and good enough speed so that youtube & similar sites can work flawlessly ?

I liked Reliance Freedom 999 (I liked that atleast first 25 GB download would give me decent speed with upto 12 mbps speed) aswell as Thunder 649 (2mbps). Any other suggestions ?

I really hope India moves on to wider fiber optic coverage soon enough with affordable prices aswell.

This is what I get here when I'm connected through wifi on my laptop and when through LAN, it's around 30mbps.

I've no idea how will I use internet with same proficiency as I'm already used to since last 6 years. :S

sorry, got posted double. so deleted content of this post.still awaiting someone's reply regarding connection.

Hi sumit! So,recently I have started using Thunder 1099 plan which provides 4 mbps D/L .I would recommend you to get the Metro Ethernet Connection (if possible) as it's the only line in which you will get full dedicated speed : Download and upload as well.Regarding buffering videos..I can stream 720p videos without waiting for it to buffer.1080p takes a little time but I guess 720p is enough 😛I'm on an ADSL connection and the maximum download speed I get is 480 kBps.With a metro ethernet connection you can get 500+ .There is no FUP in reliance..so..yeah! 😛With reliance all I can say is that you will definitely get the same or just a little less speed as guaranteed 🙂So,my recommendation : Thunder 1099 with Metro Ethernet

thanks yashleo for the reply. How about their 699 2 mbps no FUP plan ? Is it good enough to watch videos online on 360 or 480p ? Someone who has this plan could shed some light ?Also, another question in my mind is - Is it possible to share internet in 2 different houses through one line ? With help of router or splitter ? Such as connecting one router to another.. or router to splitter ?

I had a 2mbps connection before and you could stream 480p without waiting for it to buffer.I have connected the modem to a wireless router.So,multiple usage is possible.If you want to share the connection through wires only then splitters will do the job 😉

lol. What do you mean by two different houses ?

I had a 2mbps connection before and you could stream 480p without waiting for it to buffer.

I have connected the modem to a wireless router.So,multiple usage is possible.
If you want to share the connection through wires only then splitters will do the job 😉

So if i understand correctly, Reliance people will setup an ADSL Modem at my place (with wifi provision ??) I already have a TP-Link Router. So how do i connect modem to router ?

I want to have Wifi at Home and another wifi router with wired sharing option in office (which is 3 houses diagonally in same gali). 😛

lol. What do you mean by two different houses ?

I have 2 houses in same place... which are with distance about 3 houses next to each other.
So i want to get a good 4 mbps connection with no FUP at all and to have one wifi router at home (as I have only laptops and phones to be used at home and no wired connection is needed) and to use one computer with wired connection in other house (office) aswell as optionally laptop with wifi.

Any idea how can I do such setup ?

Thanks for help guys.

Hmm. Using wifi to share the connection (given the distance between the two) would not be a good idea. You could run a lan cable from one place to the other, but would run the risk of it getting cut.You'll be better off getting two seperate connections. Also, dont pin all your hopes on reliance. They have very limited availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.