Just Got My New Kindle Fire HD

• Thread starter Thread starter IBFUser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,228
Well, As the title says, i just got my hands on new Kindle Fire HD which friend carried for me from US. I seriously dont know what to do with it 🤔May be you guys can help me understand the use of this shiny new device 😀

read bookssurf webpost yr shining gadget images here😀

After playing with it for couple of days and overcoming few initial hurdles, i guess i can respond 😀
Kindle Fire HD is going to be a hard tablet to enjoy in India because of the lack of content available.
Could serve as multimedia device(actually thats what it is 😀). Also many apps/games are available in Amazon store.

Not sure if the app store itself is enabled for India. I know the book store(amazon.com) is available though....
app store is not enabled in india so cant download the apps but i enabled it and now can enjoy all the apps/games/stuff from amazon app store.

I guess you have some free books that you can read (Classics, I guess)?
free and paid and....... i guess i should stop here 😀

I guess you can enjoy it more only when u root it or use a custom ROM. XDA might have some details on it!
root is available and i can load google play store but as bootloader is still locked, and if anything goes wrong, there is no way to restore the system so i'll just hold on to that part. anyway, gtalk/gmail/youtube and few more google apps can be sideloaded without even need to root.

I just got an option to replace my few days old Kindle Fire HD with brand new Nexus 7. What do you suggest. not that i am not happy with it, just a thought so would like your input.

advantages/disadvantages please.biggest advantage is OS updates i guess. anything apart from that? Nexus doesnt have good speakers, reviews say screen on fire hd is better, also no hdmi port on nexus