Cheated by MTS postpaid plan, getting billed even after disconnection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mts data card no. Is 9145192982, I applied for disconnection on 28th july 2012 at the store from where I bought the data card. They DID not provide me any acknowledgement for my disconnection application, and told me I need not do anything else. Then I got a bill reminder of rs. 205 (my usual bill is rs. 1000), which I paid immediately. Then I got an sms on 7th sept that a bill of rs. 705.74 has been generated for the month of august. I didn't use the mts data card for a single time after submitting the application. After receiving the bill sms, I went to the store and explained my problem. The personnel their checked the record and found that I DID submit the application in july, and accepted that it was their fault and that he'LL apply for the waiver of the bill. But I was still getting sms for bill, so I went again after 1 week, they told me that it will take 15 days for the waiver as they have to send application to the pune office. Still I was getting sms and calls for bill, I explained them the problem, they told me that I have to pay the bill whatever may be the matter, and the bill once generated cannot be waived. I went to the store again after 1 month and the personnel their told me that my bill should have been waived by now, and asked me provide my alternate contact no. And name and they will contact me. But they are yet to contact me, and I received a mail from them about legal notice. So I paid the bill on 23rd Oct, but was shocked to receive another bill generated on 1st Nov.So, I'll suggest stay away from the MTS postpaid plan, it becomes nightmare when you want to disconnect it. Their support is pathetic and rude.Also I want to go to the consumer forum for this matter, can anybody guide me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.