Newbie: Airtel 3G Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter adadadad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,682

adadadad

ISP
AIRCEL
I am a newbie here. I want to buy a new Airtel 3G Prepaid SIM, which i wanna use exclusively for Internet. Before that i want to be confirm about Airtel 3G Speed. Many people (over here) claim, they get about 2 mbps speed which would be great in my case. But i called Airtel Customer Care today and enquired about speed. They told that i would get 300 kbps to 700 kbps speed only. I was shocked. I asked, ''wont i get speed in mbps? '' They said 'no'. Is it really the case? I prejume, 3G speeds must be atleast 1.5 mbps. Plz leave your reply below. What speed do u get?

i get up to 4mbps on my phone. i cannot say about data cards or usb modems. but yeah. 300-700kbps sounds like crap. 😀

Ok i agree that speed varies depending on a number of factors. But atleast the maximum speed should be 3.6 mbps. On the contrary, they said, 700 kbps is all, i will get. Is this 3g speed? Also, i forgot to add that i'm from PATNA, BIHAR. THANKS for all the replies.

well i got upto 7mbps...i think airtel 3g provides best speed atleast at my place...but the problem is price not only with airtel but with every providers...if u r a heavy downloader then 3g is not able to fullfill ur need..i think have to wait little for 3g to be easy...

well i got upto 7mbps...i think airtel 3g provides best speed atleast at my place...but the problem is price not only with airtel but with every providers...if u r a heavy downloader then 3g is not able to fullfill ur need..i think have to wait little for 3g to be easy...

price isn't an issue. The speed must be as per expectations. By the way, can you tell me the place where u get around 7 mbps????

yes ,,,im in kanpur and airtel 3g is best in my area i dont knw about the rest part of kanpur but in my place it is awesome...

yes ,,,im in kanpur and airtel 3g is best in my area i dont knw about the rest part of kanpur but in my place it is awesome...

Thanks.. Good to know, people across the country r getting up to 7 mbps. Its just that 700kbps is far too less. I presume, u r using a data card.

Tbh, it couldve been 300-700 kBps. 'download speed' as many cc guys refer to it.

I did ask, whether he was refering to 'kilobytes' or 'kilobites' .... He emphasized, it was kilobites. The problem is that noone in my locality uses airtel 3g. So cant get it confirmed. Thats why i joined this forum today

Umm, bites and bytes do sound the same, moreover over a phone conversation, it would imply bytes ! You should've asked bits or bytes