Selling Samsung Galaxy Nexus to upgrade to Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter mpaspc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 11,484
As manu said, that's MTP and not mass storage. My source is a friend using WP. 🙂

And most Android phones can be connected as a mass storage device. Unfortunately that Galaxy Nexus cannot, and I guess neither can the Nexus 4.

Well I have a Windows Phone in my hand right now, I don't have Zune installed, and it doesn't connect as MTP

Which Android phone are you talking about that connects as mass storage? I had like to connect Note as Mass Storage device.

I wasn't aware that Android too doesn't support it. Google search tells me that it was removed in ICS. So I guess almost all latest android phones don't support it. Haven't been on a stock ROM for a long time. MIUI which I am using at the moment does have a mass storage mode in jellybean.

Which Android phone are you talking about that connects as mass storage? I had like to connect Note as Mass Storage device.

Do you get something if you press the menu key while in the USB PC connection menu that you posted?

EDIT: yes, confirmed on the nexus7, no mass storage support by default.

I don't know which android phones support mass storage mode or not, but I'm sure that many can. Many of my friends connect their phones as mass storage devices. Even my tablet running ICS can be used as a mass storage device.

Even my tablet running ICS can be used as a mass storage device.
Can you post a screenshot please? Which tablet, which version?

Well I have a Windows Phone in my hand right now, I don't have Zune installed, and it doesn't connect as MTP

its Galaxy note , android stock ICS 4.0.4

drive F is phone and drive H is SD card

settings > USB utilities > turn on USB mass storage , hope i gave the correct thing u asked for

its Galaxy note , android stock ICS 4.0.4

drive F is phone and drive H is SD card

settings > USB utilities > turn on USB mass storage , hope i gave the correct thing u asked for

Wow! I have not even explored all the features of my phone till date 😀

@samuel, u have only one drive btw..?

Off topic 😛

If you look at the address bar, or the file location, you will see that I am not in the main window where it displays all connected device.

But, yeah! I have just one unpartitioned drive on my PC!

@Chromaniac, too bad I can't buy it from you now. I ended up getting it from the US for 17.5k lol. (it's been a couple of months) and the phone is amazing 🙂

no worries. i am not really looking to sell it right now. have given up the idea of getting the nexus 4 now. just too late even though it is just 4 months old. 😀 would wait for the next device. (also sort of not very financially secure right now 😀 ).