Queries about D2H..........

karthikeyansh

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Im plan to switch over from Airtel DTH (HD) to Videocon D2H (HD). But i need some clarifiaction form D2H consumers..1. Is it true HD?2. Is it have Universal remote?3. What about box quality (Make, plastic quality, etc).4. screen function compared with Airtel.5. Special features compared with Airtel except PRICE.Advance thanks for your replies..

Answers to your queries as per my experience as user are as follows:
1.Yes.It is true HD.Its not stretched or poor quality HD like DISH TRU HD.Picture is crystal clear.As the name says its absolutely ASLI HD!!!!
2.No remote is not universal.Its a dedicated STB remote both for HD STB and for HD DVR.
3.HD STB is small and light with one USB port on right side.Has a blue and red led, an hdmi port and av ports at back.HD DVR a bit heavier considering the 500 gb HDD in it alongwith much more complex circuit.Nothing much to say in terms of make or quality of plastic.Dont expect too much sturdiness in this aspect.However its not flimsy as well.Just ri8.
4.The price is definitely the most important factor.For base packs and for HD channels, its the cheapest and the best.
5.Has got 22 HD channels, the highest offered by any dth currently.

Im plan to switch over from Airtel DTH (HD) to Videocon D2H (HD). But i need some clarifiaction form D2H consumers..

1. Is it true HD?
2. Is it have Universal remote?
3. What about box quality (Make, plastic quality, etc).
4. screen function compared with Airtel.
5. Special features compared with Airtel except PRICE.

Advance thanks for your replies..

Answers to your queries as per my experience as user are as follows:
1.Yes.It is true HD.Its not stretched or poor quality HD like DISH TRU HD.Picture is crystal clear.As the name says its absolutely ASLI HD!!!!
2.No remote is not universal.Its a dedicated STB remote both for HD STB and for HD DVR.
3.HD STB is small and light with one USB port on right side.Has a blue and red led, an hdmi port and av ports at back.HD DVR a bit heavier considering the 500 gb HDD in it alongwith much more complex circuit.Nothing much to say in terms of make or quality of plastic.Dont expect too much sturdiness in this aspect.However its not flimsy as well.Just ri8.
4.The price is definitely the most important factor.For base packs and for HD channels, its the cheapest and the best.
5.Has got 22 HD channels, the highest offered by any dth currently.

Thanks! yar..