ICICIdirect for Windows 8

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,186
if using personally, how you rate win8 in terms of usability ? in a serious work environment. i used the preview version & got rid of it in less then a month.

well... my work (funny to call it work though) requires me to remain in desktop mode all the time. but the metro ui is perfect for someone like my dad. i mean i got him a netbook to help him keep an eye on specific stocks. tablets at that time were too expensive. so what he has right now is a netbook running ubuntu and he track stocks using google finance service. now it is not really something very user friendly. metro would be great for him as in... it has a UI with big buttons (tiles) and easy to understand user interface (for someone who has never used a computer). i would have gotten him a Surface if only it was not so expensive (compared to nexus 7 for example). metro has nothing right now on ipad or android tablets. there are simply not enough apps to make it worthwhile for anyone today. but looking at the kind of apps indian companies are launching for it, i can see it becoming very useful. i mean the icicidirect website is horrible to do anything. the app screenshots look very nice in comparison. i do not deal with stocks any more otherwise i would have played with this app myself and posted a preview of it. pvr cinemas app for windows 8 is very horrible for example.

the cool thing happening with metro is that tons of unconventional apps are appearing for it. delhi airport has launched an app that you can use to track flights etc. these are the kind of apps that would have never arrived for the desktop edition of windows. icicidirect app is a good example how we can finally get rid of old fashioned stock apps that look fugly though are probably more functional.