Vodafone Spam Services

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,797
same here, i think even i got the same messages except spy cam and myra gold coins.

I don't want to activate DND, I don't want to block my friends messages if he is using web 2 sms services or something (just saying).Do they give a shit about customers privacy by any chance?

hehe, many people dont know that they can change customers call rates too, mainly prepaid. They can set ringtones or activate services manuallyWill get a solid reason behind it since the guy who told me (Voda agent) was in a hurry to get more drunk.

I don't want to activate DND, I don't want to block my friends messages if he is using web 2 sms services or something (just saying).

Do they give a shit about customers privacy by any chance?

C'mon, if ur friends are sending u msg using web, i guess they can do so using Whatsapp! These days almost every fone is capable of handling that app. U shud look to register for DND, else u r in for a bigger treat than this.

I was fed up on Reliance, as i had not registered for DND. So after shifting to Airtel, i first registered that number for DND.

So, telecom companies are free to sell your identity to anyone? No restrictions on that?We are addressing an issue here, I am aware of the alternatives and workarounds.

They r not selling ur identity. They r giving ur number to the telemarketers. That is, because YOU HAVE NOT SPECIFICALLY ASKED UR PROVIDER TO NOT TO GIVE. In absence of such a specific instruction, they freely give away ur number to telemarketers saying that so & so number is happy to receive ads on the phone. And they make money from it.

Yes. Call the CC and they say enroll into DND. But if DND was not there, what would they do? And govt set DND as last resort, they're supposed to make sure customers won't get spam even if they're not on DND. People in rural areas may not understand what DND is ..so they have to suffer through this spam?

When I registered for the Vodafone services, I did not register for any marketing campaign, I have not given them permission to begin with.How exactly are they free to distribute my numbers to everyone?If you don't think your number is part of your identity, do you feel the same about your Email address?

Yes. But people in villages too shud understand, since i believe this was publicised thru many newspapers too.

And govt set DND as last resort,

they're supposed to make sure customers won't get spam even if they're not on DND.

That is what I am talking about!

Yes. Call the CC and they say enroll into DND. But if DND was not there, what would they do? And govt set DND as last resort, they're supposed to make sure customers won't get spam even if they're not on DND. People in rural areas may not understand what DND is ..so they have to suffer through this spam?

Yes. But people in villages too shud understand, since i believe this was publicised thru many newspapers too.

When I registered for the Vodafone services, I did not register for any marketing campaign, I have not given them permission to begin with.

How exactly are they free to distribute my numbers to everyone?

If you don't think your number is part of your identity, do you feel the same about your Email address?

You did not register for marketing campaign. But u did not register against it either. To make money, that much is a reason enuf for them to share ur number with telemarketers.

For emails.....again wherever u give, it just increases ur spam load.

These are a part of ur identity, but then u gave it to potential spammers, who will use it their advantage! I had given my email id to the freeware stuff that was shared on the other thread. And i get spam everyday from it! 😕

You did not register for marketing campaign. But u did not register against it either. To make money, that much is a reason enuf for them to share ur number with telemarketers

Seriously? I would talk to some official from Vodafone tomorrow then, to see if they give the same excuse/reason!

For emails.....again wherever u give, it just increases ur spam load.

These are a part of ur identity, but then u gave it to potential spammers, who will use it their advantage! I had given my email id to the freeware stuff that was shared on the other thread. And i get spam everyday from it! 😕

Ask a US Citizen about the importance of Email Address, and they would tell you.

As a matter of fact, use an email address for more than 5 years [Your Primary Email Address], you might understand the exact importance of it.

...as you are now working, using services, and of course going to subscribe to more servicesi irl as well as online.