Vodafone Spam Services

Samuel

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
I don't want to activate DND, I don't want to block my friends messages if he is using web 2 sms services or something (just saying).Do they give a shit about customers privacy by any chance?

Sid

Sid
Regulars
Aug 18, 2009
BlackHole
hehe, many people dont know that they can change customers call rates too, mainly prepaid. They can set ringtones or activate services manuallyWill get a solid reason behind it since the guy who told me (Voda agent) was in a hurry to get more drunk.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
I don't want to activate DND, I don't want to block my friends messages if he is using web 2 sms services or something (just saying).

Do they give a shit about customers privacy by any chance?

C'mon, if ur friends are sending u msg using web, i guess they can do so using Whatsapp! These days almost every fone is capable of handling that app. U shud look to register for DND, else u r in for a bigger treat than this.

I was fed up on Reliance, as i had not registered for DND. So after shifting to Airtel, i first registered that number for DND.

Samuel

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
So, telecom companies are free to sell your identity to anyone? No restrictions on that?We are addressing an issue here, I am aware of the alternatives and workarounds.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
They r not selling ur identity. They r giving ur number to the telemarketers. That is, because YOU HAVE NOT SPECIFICALLY ASKED UR PROVIDER TO NOT TO GIVE. In absence of such a specific instruction, they freely give away ur number to telemarketers saying that so & so number is happy to receive ads on the phone. And they make money from it.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
Yes. Call the CC and they say enroll into DND. But if DND was not there, what would they do? And govt set DND as last resort, they're supposed to make sure customers won't get spam even if they're not on DND. People in rural areas may not understand what DND is ..so they have to suffer through this spam?