Trackpad issues in Windows 8 after upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter srimurali
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,076

srimurali

ISP
micromax wifi 400R router
I hv installed win 8 in my Sony vaio laptop...my touch pad is not locking after instalation...anybody else faced this problem..?

I once tried to lock the TouchPad on my Acer laptop and it was locked but even after unlocking it the pointer wasn't moving. I had to long press the power button and turn the laptop off.

Already checked. Couldn't find anything relevant. I have installed Synaptics drivers for my mouse pad for scrolling and gestures, but the lock issue persists.

Did u install the shared libraries and notebook utilities from win7 Softwares/drivers?

Did u install the shared libraries and notebook utilities from win7 Softwares/drivers?

What's that? :/

well notebook drivers are likely to take sometime to update for windows 8. this happens usually after every windows update. windows xp to windows vista was similar headache. though windows 7 drivers should have worked just fine on windows 8.

Log onto vaio support, give ur notebook model number, and check for Softwares and drivers available for win7, the two I mentioned works for win8.

Yeah. Most (if not all) drivers installed in my system currently are Windows 7 drivers. Even the Bluetooth is working fine. After reading Samuel's post I felt that even my Bluetooth won't work properly. Just tried it and it's working perfectly. The only driver related issue for me right now is this mousepad not unlocking thing.