• Thread starter Thread starter narshiv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,850

narshiv

Regular
ISP
intergallactic
With digitization round the corner and set top box being mandatory, everyone is looking for the best offer by DTH providers. It is still important to know what you want rather than what providers are offering. I did a comparison of offerings by Dish TV and Tata Sky. Here is what I got to know:Lifetime 70 channels Free from Dish TV:- It is important to know that the offer is of 70 FTA channels mainly consisting of DD channels. DD channels maybe more important in teir 2, tier 3 regions so not a good move for the teir 1 cities.- There is a Clause that states “the users will have to get their set top boxes recharged at least every six month with a minimum of Rs. 200” so the title is misleading as one has to pay at least twice a year to remain active. - It also states only 50 video channels and 20 audio channelsTata Sky’s EDI scheme for new subscribers:- The offer is applicable for subscribers going for a standard connection and Supreme Sports Kids pack which consist a wide range of Sports, GEC, Music and kids channels.- At just Rs. 400 subscribers will get their connection installed and the balance amount for the connection will then be charged to the subscriber’s account by way of EDI of Rs 4, for a period of 365 (active) days. This reduces the burden of paying the entire amount in one go.- The Offer also entitles the customer to 1 month free viewing of the Dhamaal Mix Pack.If one is really going to watch only DD channels then it might be a good offer for them from Dish TV else Tata Sky’s offering clearly mention’s the charges and advantages that new subscribers can avail.

can we have the list of channels provided by Dishtv and Tata Sky in the plan aboveand i was not able to understand the plan offered by tatasky, can u explain it if u dont mind