User Review: Google Nexus 7

• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 9,981
Installed the 4.2 update.

Really like the fact that the there are two separate pull downs now. One for notifications and one for power buttons.

haven't tested it. I wanted to get root access so had to unlock the bootloader and wipe the device so there are no photos or streams added to the device at the moment.

Welcome to Android Tablets, although hardware and software have no issues, apps have a lot to be desired for!

With high end phones essentially having the same resolution as this, it should get much better I expect.

ubuntu has released a version for it but its a direct port so not much useful. If they do a windows 8 style hydrid interface and release it(which I think they will), then it will be awesome.

I didnt get the popup for the 4.2 update.

Neither did I. I installed it manually. but you should get the OTA within 2-3 days.

Using 3G via usbOTG

Works pretty well. Play store and speed test app don't work with 4.2. Normal downloads via chrome work well 😀

i wonder if usb modems can become as small as the usb pen drives that are available today in the market so they can be attached permanently to the device.

realized that they have to accept a sim card. so they have to be of certain size. so i guess not going to happen anytime soon.