No internet access - BSNL WIMAX outdoor CPE

• Thread starter Thread starter defaultuser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 31,555

defaultuser

ISP
bsnl wimax
Hi,I am from chennai and opted for BSNL WIMAX UL 750 plan. I used it for about a week without any hassles. Today I tried to connect and all I see is no internet access. I looked at the Device Status in the Modem configuration and I see everything as N/A.These are the statuses:Connection mode DHCPIP Address 0.0.0.0IP default connection OFFDNS server N/AServing BSID N/ARSSI N/ACINR N/ACan anyone help me out here? Thanks

Hi,

I am from chennai and opted for BSNL WIMAX UL 750 plan.
WIMAX in Chennai??? That's news for me. Which part of Chennai u live in??

Is everything back to normal or still facing issues?

Yeah dude now it is fine. The issue was with the BSNL wimax tower and its cable. The main cable was cut and hence no wimax user could authenticate to the server.
Moreover since the wimax tower was down, the signals were shown as N/A. BSNL lives up to the 'reputation'. It took them a week to fix.
But my router had no issues, so lessons learnt.

Anyway I envy you for using reliance(4M line). It's not feasible in my area. Nevertheless, I am adjusting with BSNL.

Yeah dude now it is fine. The issue was with the BSNL wimax tower and its cable. The main cable was cut and hence no wimax user could authenticate to the server.
Moreover since the wimax tower was down, the signals were shown as N/A. BSNL lives up to the 'reputation'. It took them a week to fix.
But my router had no issues, so lessons learnt.

Anyway I envy you for using reliance(4M line). It's not feasible in my area. Nevertheless, I am adjusting with BSNL.
What's ur top speed, download/upload ur getting with it?
Read my story here
https://broadband.forum/my-broadband-plan/83059-reliance-broadband-thunder-699-2mbps-5.html#post685744

His rcom line is going 😛
Yeah...bcoz of ur people's envy...:iomg:

HIRSSI N/A is always that the CPE is not receiving the signal. there are 2 reasons. 1. Your Outdoor CPE has moved away from the signal path - OR2. The OFC of BSNL is cut somewhere ( This happens very often - and this is very common problem with BSNL )

Hey,
i wanted to change my BSNL wimaX outdoor cpe DHCP Server IP Address from 192.168.1.1 to anything else because i have a Netgear router and thats the ip address it uses.. and when ever i use the 192.168.1.1 it goes into the admin page for wimax and now that i had just changed the last number from .1.1 to 192.168.1.2 i am still not able to use de previous ip for getting into the settings of the Modem... Please advice..

The correct way would be to keep the bsnl wimax cpe at 192.168.1.1 and keep dhcp on. Put the Netgear router to 192.168.1.2 and turn off the dhcp from its lan settings as bsnl cpe will be handing out the ip addresses. You can't have 2 dhcp server handing out ip in same subnet 192.168.1.x.

Doing the above way way you'll get access to both bsnl cpe at .1 and netgear at .2 and all the client will get 192.168.1.x ip adrress with 192.168.1.1 working as the gateway address. I have a similar setup for my WISP.