How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 30,432

dpkrwt123

ISP
mtnl
I dont know if anyone already posted about this loophole.Microsoft had announced that those who bought a Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012, and January 31, 2013 are eligible for a further discount and can actually upgrade for a meagre Rs699. Microsoft letting users with pirated Windows 7/XP to upgrade to Windows 8 for rs 699.
1. Go to this official site Windows Upgrade Offer - Landing Page ,even if you are on pirated windows it does not matter.
2. The WindowsUpgradeOffer page requires people to enter some extremely basic details about their Windows 7 PC purchase. It neither asks for a serial number nor Windows 7 key,put date of purchase after 2nd june.
3. Once the details are submitted, user will get a confirmation email about the registration.
4. Within a few minutes, another email with the promo code is sent to the same email address.
5. This promo code can be used to purchase the Windows 8 Pro edition via the Windows 8 Upgrade assistant app for a nominal fee of rs 699.
Finally i think it was intentional from microsoft to get more legit users and to sell more win 8. They already know this very well. A very big enterprise cannot skip a thing like this but they are intentionally allowing this thing.

right once ppl are on legit copies then they can sell their apps for atleast 4-5 years , which will cover their greedy asses......lol

XP/7 .. what about vista guys 😛

I can just buy the upgrade serial key now. Need not update the WIN 8 instantly...right?
Good question....

I can just buy the upgrade serial key now. Need not update the WIN 8 instantly...right?

Yes. just proceed with the upgrade assistant and it will give you 3 options:

1. install now
2. install on a usb stick
3. install on a dvd

You can select either 2nd or 3rd option it will load the iso image in the respective media and the upgrade assistant will automatically close

Thread title looks different from what I saw last time 😀

No I meant after you get the promo code, once you start Upgrade Assistant on your older Windows, will we have to enter our key to satisfy the Upgrade Assistant that we are upgrading from a legit copy of Windows?

Not if you list date of purchase as being after the 1st of October, 2012.

I gave 15th Aug 2012... It didnt ask for Win7 Key.

No I meant after you get the promo code, once you start Upgrade Assistant on your older Windows, will we have to enter our key to satisfy the Upgrade Assistant that we are upgrading from a legit copy of Windows?

Now I am in "Downloading Windows 8" screen and already got Win8 key in previous page.. I am not sure it will ask WIn7 key after this anywhere..

Cool. The low price of upgrade will convert a lot of pirated copies in legit ones. MS stands to gain by this loophole.

What if i need to do a fresh install after(the launch of WIN 9) formatting the entire disk??? Install XP/Win 7 and upgrade with WIN 8 and again upgrade with WIN 9:biggrin:

What if i need to do a fresh install after(the launch of WIN 9) formatting the entire disk???
Install XP/Win 7 and upgrade with WIN 8 and again upgrade with WIN 9:biggrin:

Shift to Linux. :smile: