• Thread starter Thread starter atuldd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 33,547

atuldd

Regular
ISP
MTNL
am in mumbai using unlimited 395 plan. wanna download big files. bt not sure of how much electricity is consumed by mtnl router per hr, any1 knows abt it ??? plz do let me know. Thanx

router is not your problem. it should consume little electricity. the problem are computers.

Fortunately, routers don't consume a lot of power. Wireless routers use the most, particularly those newer models with multiple Wi-Fi antennas, because these radios need a certain level of power to stay connected. The Linksys WRT610 (see right), for example, utilizes two radios for dual-band wireless support, yet it draws just 18 watts of power.

Assuming you leave the WRT610 running in dual-band mode 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, it will result in 3 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per week added to your electric bill. Costs vary depending where you live, but typically the WRT610 and similar wireless routers cost no more than $1-$2 (USD) per month to run.

How Much Power Does a Network Router Consume?

this is what googling tells me...

he is talking about a high end router. 2-3 units per week would mean 10-15 units per month. at 10 rupees per unit i guess it comes to 100-150 rupees. assumptions really. should be cheaper for most of us.

200 rs . good . Thanx 4 great info. & will switch off crt monitor while downloading.

right. CRTs and even LCD panels are probably the components that consume the maximum power in the entire setup. if you really want a cost effective solution, consider investing in a router with internal torrent client.

And maybe change the monitor? CRTs consume a lot of power, 80W on avg for 17" while LCD takes up about 15-20W.