Add Windows Media Center Pack to Windows 8 Pro for free , limited time offer

• Thread starter Thread starter xyx2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,093
got my Windows Media Center Pack key just now 😀

https://imgur.com/FojaO

Ordered in the morning.. But no email yet :-(

Finally got the key and now after installation it shows this at the bottom of the screen.

yeah noticed it 😀

just change your wallpaper or theme and it would disappear 😀

Why is it so?

because it is only useful if you have a compatible tv tuner card. other than that it is a bloated media player. me and you would prefer apps like vlc for the same.

because it is only useful if you have a compatible tv tuner card. other than that it is a bloated media player. me and you would prefer apps like vlc for the same.

And to add .. Media center is a resource/RAM eater!

yeah noticed it 😀

But the real beauty of this 'Free Upgrade' lies not so much in the necessity, usability or productivity of the feature itself as in the fact that once installed, it permanently activates your Windows. 🙂

Yeah, that's right, no more 180 days temporary activation, but full activation with the MS E-Mailed key :dance:

^ what do you mean by permanently activating windows? When we upgrade to win8, we already have a permanent activation.

@vismay_tanna is right, there's a *bug* in m$ activation code/routine, KMS or trial key -> W8 MCE Key -> Permanent act. Many have reported 😛irate:.