• Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,466

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Windows Defender for Windows 8 and Windows RT provides the same level of protection against malware as Microsoft Security Essentials. You can't use Microsoft Security Essentials with Windows 8, but you don't need to — Windows Defender is already included and ready to go. But if you’re looking to protect a PC with an older version of Windows, you can use Microsoft Security Essentials to help guard against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It provides free* real-time protection for your home or small business PCs.

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

I wonder who would bother to pay for Antivirus anymore? 😕

I also just noticed that Windows 8 automatically correct some form of mistakes while typing 😀 That is nice. I wrote this post in Internet Explorer 10 so this could be a IE10 feature 😕

If Windows Defender does the same work now then it makes sense to discontinue MSE for Windows 8.

the point i was raising was that MSE is not bundled as part of Windows 7. here they are clearly saying that even MSE is not needed coz same tech is bundled.MSE was a pretty solid antivirus for windows. which means that windows 8 has a pretty solid antivirus builtin. why is the competition quiet?

Now I see another Netscape like battle! The antitrust browser war!This time it could be McAfree, Norton/Symantec, TrendMicro etc etc versus Microsoft.

same points were raised when MSE was announced. microsoft used to promote multiple software including their own on the security page. not sure what they are doing to keeping the competition satisfied.

MSE was actually opt-in. Not an integrated one. So competitors probably could not invoke anti-trust laws.But this time, its integrated with OS itself. So anti-virus companies can cry foul that this will ruin their business. blah blah...But I have feeling that this time Microsoft definitely knows how to bypass those laws and that is why they have taken step of integrating the two.

well you cannot ignore the fact that mcafee is now owned by intel and symantec is no small player. these are no small companies that can be pushed aside. the only criticism about windows 8 comes from companies like steam who are threatened by the windows store.

Now I see another Netscape like battle! The antitrust browser war!

This time it could be McAfree, Norton/Symantec, TrendMicro etc etc versus Microsoft.

i dont know about anti trust wars at all, but it seems like microsft cannot build an os with built in antivirus application in it???