System76 Sable Complete

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8,031
yea, see, the display is one of the coolest things with the new iMac 🙂

Look how sneaky (or shall we say creative) their design and marketing teams are? Notice the large pic below and the angle of the device makes the screen look so slim. BUT look at the middle pic among the top smaller ones and you see it's nothing great 😀

errm. the left image is of their thunderbolt display panel. the right one is the new imac. the imac gets thicker at the center. but i think it is still thinner than the thunderbolt.

Yes, same trick is there with the new iMac, see most, if not all, the pics on their website are at an angle 😀 See Apple - iMac

On the specs page they show the rear and again at direct zero angle so you don't see the bulge, but you can make out a little based on the shading, see Apple - iMac - Technical Specifications

I'm not saying it's bad or anything, like I said already, I am seriously considering buying the new iMac in the next month or two, assuming it shows up here by then.

yeap. could not locate a side profile to see the bulk at the center. even then. it is a fantastic design. and it is very slim at the edges. i mean. my Dell. is thicker than the new imac at all positions. and it gets so hot after hours of usage. Apple has packed in a complete CPU into the display and it would probably be cooler on the surface. i need to get myself an edge-to-edge display panel. hate these matte ones which have a delicate front.

samsung chromebook is a 250 dollar laptop that has a usb3 port. i think decent laptops in the market today have 1/2 usb3 ports these days.all-in-one pcs are not very popular. they have to be priced below the imac which leaves very little room for margins. best is to make your own desktop when it comes to PCs.

well imac is atleast is not a common WORD. you can easily say its derived/coined word.But "Sable complete"??? What does it even mean?