Smartbytes activated automatically!

ISP
Airtel
Today at 3.31PM I got an SMS from airtel saying smartbytes pack for 2GB has got activated. And a minute later another SMS saying you have used 80% of your data of 15GB on Oct 24th(That is today)! (FYI..my billing cycyle starts on 25th only)The fact is I never requested for a smartbyte package. And to be honest; today i opened the browser for the first time now only to raise this complaint.I called up the customer service guy and that clueless idiot sitting there is telling me, they cannot help me with this and I have to raise a request online in their website. When i asked him to connect to his supervisor, he puts me on hold for 10 mnts finally after which i disconnected the line.Just now I tried to raise this complaint online and I am continuously getting a message "we could not process your request, please try later"?! And to add to all this Internet was down the whole week end, since we had some rains, and now finally when it comes back on this is what I get!No point really in saying I am disgusted with Airtel, as I am already used to that.Have any of you guys had this issue? Any advise on what to do next? and my biggest fear what if these idiots auto activate the highest value smartbyte package now??!

Just tell them that you want to discontinue the service because of those things. They will come back to you with proper answer or offer you a better package 🙂

based on what i have seen on twitter. they do not easily revert these charges.they never refunded me 3GB i lost on the first day of billing earlier this month. gave up.

I tried one whole day to register a complaint on their bloody website, but every time the same error! "we could not process your request, please try later"I have given up finally. Just hoping it will not happen again 🙁

Just email your complaint to 121@in.airtel.com. Add your phone number with STD code in the subject line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried one whole day to register a complaint on their bloody website, but every time the same error! "we could not process your request, please try later"

I have given up finally. Just hoping it will not happen again 🙁

Just register your complaint here https://www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd?fref=ts on Facebook

On their website means are you trying to register the complaint on airtel presence website?

Im also using airtel only.. I got refund of 600 rs this month.. i will get such kind of refunds every 4 or 5 months.. The trick is to call 198 ans say " I want to talk to ur retention dept ". If they question you why then shout at them that you do have a problem and explaining that problem takes 5 minutes and tell that you will call nodal officers if he didnt transfer the call. surely he will transfer. at the retention dept you will get half of what you demand for.*make a good problem statement yourself. (something they cant verify)*if FUP is your problem then simply tell them that you were given airtel connection on the grounds that you wont get FUP's. Insist this point many times. He will give you 5GB extra. Every month I'm getting 5GB extra.

Today at 3.31PM I got an SMS from airtel saying smartbytes pack for 2GB has got activated. And a minute later another SMS saying you have used 80% of your data of 15GB on Oct 24th(That is today)! (FYI..my billing cycyle starts on 25th only)

The fact is I never requested for a smartbyte package. And to be honest; today i opened the browser for the first time now only to raise this complaint.

I called up the customer service guy and that clueless idiot sitting there is telling me, they cannot help me with this and I have to raise a request online in their website. When i asked him to connect to his supervisor, he puts me on hold for 10 mnts finally after which i disconnected the line.

Just now I tried to raise this complaint online and I am continuously getting a message "we could not process your request, please try later"?! And to add to all this Internet was down the whole week end, since we had some rains, and now finally when it comes back on this is what I get!

No point really in saying I am disgusted with Airtel, as I am already used to that.

Have any of you guys had this issue? Any advise on what to do next? and my biggest fear what if these idiots auto activate the highest value smartbyte package now??!

Go to :: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government :: and launch a complaint there.. Choose Central Govt. > Department of Telecommunications.
Provide all your details and after few days they will call you themselves and keep on checking the status of your mail. With in few minutes you will receive the confirmation from pgportal on your mail id and in 1-2 days you can check the status of your complaint using the reference number mentioned in your mail.
May be it will take some time to get the issue resolved but don't worry it will be resolved and if needed you can ask them for compensation. Airtel really has a poor call center but if people start launching complaints in ministry one day they will have to improve or close all there operations 🙂

Rajat Gupta

Go to :: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government :: and launch a complaint there.. Choose Central Govt. > Department of Telecommunications.
Provide all your details and after few days they will call you themselves and keep on checking the status of your mail. With in few minutes you will receive the confirmation from pgportal on your mail id and in 1-2 days you can check the status of your complaint using the reference number mentioned in your mail.
May be it will take some time to get the issue resolved but don't worry it will be resolved and if needed you can ask them for compensation. Airtel really has a poor call center but if people start launching complaints in ministry one day they will have to improve or close all there operations .

based on what i have seen on twitter. they do not easily revert these charges.

they never refunded me 3GB i lost on the first day of billing earlier this month.

gave up.

May be it will take some time to get the issue resolved but don't worry it will be resolved and if needed you can ask them for compensation. Airtel really has a poor call center but if people start launching complaints in ministry one day they will have to improve or close all there operations

Rajat Gupta