• Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 32,852
Status
Not open for further replies.

lalitpantcg

ISP
tata photon+
Hi,

I have tata photon + 750/5gb plan.For the past few days, I am having serious issue with the speed.I have already sent a mail to customer.care@tatatel.co.in but no one is replying to that e-mail.

My photon number is 9223917151.My location is mumbai.

Can someone from tech team help me in resolving this issue.

Lalit

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

First of all I would like to state that the reputation of Tata group's quality products and services has taken a hit in last couple of years. Ratan Tata will not be proud if they would have heard of customer call I just had with Tata Photon Customer care.

I have bought Tata Photon device in Jan that promised "upto 3.1 MB/s" with number 9213446642. First month it worked fine and after my first recharge, the speed took a hit. I am not getting broadband speed more than 1.5 MB/s for last couple of days. I shared my problem with customer care but I was taken for a ride by multiple executives who have no intention of solving the problem.

The customer service state very clearly that they can't give speed of 3.1 and can only commit speed more than 256 KB/s. They are misusing the word "upto". "You have upto 3.1 MB/s written on the box so if you are getting 1.5 MB/s there is no problem at all"

If you can only commit 256 KB/s, they why dont you write "more than 256 KB/s" and not "upto 3.1 MB/s" and not fool gullible people. I would have not complained if the speed is more than 2.5 MB/s as there could be some factors, but half the speed is not what I am paying for...

I think that this a pre planned corporate scheme plan to force users to switch to high speed 3 GB/ 4 G services and pay more.

I have discontinued my Tata Sky and TATA photon + after my call with customer care. Good luck Mr TATA getting new customers when you cant retain existing ones.
This is not just poor service but a FRAUD

Your ex-customer

For past 15 days, I am facing issues while connecting to internet using Tata Photon Plus. After I click "Connect", device displays connected to internet, but none of websites are opening. This is happening mostly at evening times. Connection works fine after 11 PM. Observed same behavior on another Tata Photon Plus device as well.
I was using Tata Photon Plus for couple of years now (hence brought 2nd connection), and never faced such issue earlier, but past 15 days, its becoming difficult to get connected to internet with Tata Photon Plus 🙁

Getting Max. 20-25 kbps from last 20 days in Pune. Called many times and the CC says we are upgrading our systems... blah blah....

Upgrading? I saw some upgrade related screenshot on Photon Plus application asking to reactivate device by entering 0000. I did that last week, but situation didn't changed.

Yes. I have reactivated the stick.... Now I am on PR 80.But still getting 20-30 kbps....

What is PR 80?
BTW when I reactivated, I didnt notice any change.

Go to the UI and click on about device. and check your PRN number.They are saying it should be 60+

Today I can see its "[font="Lexia;font-size:10pt;"]PRL ID:82[/font]". Does this value change?
Didnt find PRN number.

Right. My bad.... It's PRLN.. (PRL Number)Ok. Then you are on upgraded service as per their telecon. But there is no fix. Same issues. Slow speed.

From last 2 days, speed has improved, getting 200~700 Kbps speed (after 11 PM). Hopefully their system upgrade is complete 🙂
(Touchwood) 😀

Please keep raising the complaint again and again. As per TRAI regulations they have to provide minimum download speed at all times. If they are not providing the minimum download speed keep raising complaint through my account on tata docomo website, facebook, email etc. It worked for me.I have also written to the managing director of TTML about this and also planning to write to NTT Docomo Inc, Japan.

People are using unlocked mts cdma modems with tata sim which have recharge of 1GB for Rs.98 or 4GB for Rs. 250+ Obviously network gonna overload at that rates.

Extremly slow speed in tata photon plus in the recent times ....download speed was 150 kbps and now in 1 Week gone down To 10-20 kbps...really frustrating

I shifted back to Photon Plus after changing location,speed was good but now for the last two weeks,Photon plus (costs me 1112 Rs for 7200 min/Month @ 2mbps)is giving me 10 kBps download speed,which used to be 250 kBps 1 month ago,and I am forced to use it as a surfing(slow surfing) device paying 1112 Rs for just 4 hours of surfing per day!!!!! Photon Plus also has blocked torrents again and pages like gmail take 20-30 seconds to open, most of the times it gives 678 error and "remote Computer Did not respond error"....initially I thought it wil last just 3-4 days but 15 days and it is getting slower and slower,there is surely something very fishy going on

Status
Not open for further replies.