• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,253

MediaFire

Twisted
ISP
Bsnl Evdo
Bought a Seagate Backup Plus 1 TB external Hard disk thru flipkart ( sorry admin , missed the IBF affiliate link ) This new HDD looks and feels like some Plastic Pencil box , its all cheap plastic man i loved the looks and built of Free agentGo series with aluminium top and Rubber base seagate logo embossed on top and those lights but this backup plus looks like the piss of free agent Go , damn it i ordered blue color and it looks even more like a pencil box Pros1. light weight2. Small size , compact3. Price 4. service network , i know this thats why wasnt able to go for another brand Cons1. plastic and plastic2. Cable is short than the previous models and looks fuguly cheap they have ripped the beauty of the gadgets in the name of cost cutting i should have got transcend or toshiba , but there service network sucks feel like throwing this HDD away :31:

What matters most to me, in case of hdd is how secure and reliable it is. Though everyone has their own preferences, btw how much it cost?

What matters most to me, in case of hdd is how secure and reliable it is. Though everyone has their own preferences, btw how much it cost?

costed me Rs 5335 , now its Rs 5245

hard disks are not reliable in any sense , one of my seagate HDD failed after 30 days of purchase
so no one knows which will fail and which will not , in that case i prefer easy service network .

i started to have double backups of personal data since the failure

i didnt get that.

admin had a flipkart affiliate link , its removed now i think

Did u meant this one?

i got it from flipkart , cant come to chennai for getting this hard disk from delta

I had a very bad experience shopping with Delta. I ordered a TP-Link wireless router antenna, after 5 days i contacted them through mail to know about my order status(They dont have a Phone number) they were not even responding to my mail, after sending them 10 mail in two days. Then i quoted that i will be giving bad comments about your online shopping a guy called me stating that he is going to cancel the order as it was not processed bla,bla he gave some stories, but after two days i got my money credited to my account. Totally i wasted 10 days running behind them after ordering my product.

i was about to mention that flipkart does have a return policy but delta doesnt have it when getting stuff from delta in person i think its okay and they have the cheapest price in the market

I prefer Omega and Suntek. Suntek, you need to hardball and negotiate, sometimes with Omega too. You need to know the rate of what you want, prior to visiting them. I used to like CCC too, but he is too busy and not worth the wait for a few rupees here or there...

buying omega or buffalo or transcend isnt a big deal , but without any information about warranty replacement centers it will be hard if anything goes wrong even with seagate's organized service centers it takes 30 days for a replacement but the good thing is they ship the replacement to our address about CCC , they always sell is 50 Rs less than delta but its a very busy shop that u cant inquire about models and rates

I have a wd ext hdd. My hdd crashed some time back and as far as i remember i got the replacement in a week

Nice service by wd

thru accel ? throw some light on the indian support
as i wasnt able to find anything about indian support on their site i bought seagate