Ordering From US stores

• Thread starter Thread starter TindaLelo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,086

TindaLelo

ISP
MTNL
So Anyone here experience ordering electronics Internationally from Ebay.com?I am considering ordering a camera as the Rate difference is around 9K which is plain exorbitant. Do most of them ship to India? Any other place to order stuff?

lots of people order stuff from ebay. however it might not be a good idea to import something expensive. first, custom would ensure that it would be delayed by weeks if not months. and you would have no idea what they would charge you in the name of duty. you also would probably not get a warranty on that product. and there is always a possibility that seller might send you an empty box and you might end up dealing with paypal for refunds etc.

I heard that If I ask Seller to label it as "gift" the custom should pass it without any duty. Is it True?Also does Amazon ship to india? that would remove the risk of fraud i guess.

I have ordered many things from EBAY.com but with people who import things to india such as cart2indiaonline ans such, I had no problem getting it at my home at the given price. only had to pay octroi to stupid blue dart and thats it. also if you are buying through these guys these guys dont mark it as a gift... and price is written on top of box according to which you pay octroi,,, but the seller takes care of customs as far as I know...

that's right. I recently puchased transformer pad from a website on COD. item was imported from US. price inclusive of everything. got it in 15 days from ordering.

I had bought a battery of Apple Powerbook G4 from US using eBay Global Easybuy. Got it in 12 days, without any extra charges/taxes.

So Anyone here experience ordering electronics Internationally from Ebay.com?

I am considering ordering a camera as the Rate difference is around 9K which is plain exorbitant. Do most of them ship to India? Any other place to order stuff?

I have tried once and it was working fine. In fact, I ordered a battery which was not compatible with my laptop and returned it according to the ebay Paisapay guarantee and they gladly accepted and refunded both the battery cost as well as the return shipping price (return shipping as an ebay coupon of that amount once I showed scanned copy of the bluedart receipt). To be honest, I trust ebay a lot and you can be sure of good CS especially if you have been a long time and high usage customer with good reputation (about 100% or so). One thing. If you need paisapay guarantee make sure to purchase from the ebay Globaleasybuy through their official reseller based in Mumbai I suppose named i2cworld or something of similar name.