• Views Views 9,957
Status
Not open for further replies.

raj2007

Chennai
ISP
AIRTEL
Reliance ADSL vs Metro Ethernet
What's the maximum speed a modem(especially Reliance modem) can handle?

If the future update is like 8/16 Mbps can the modem handle it or its a must to have Metro Ethernet for that speed?

How Airtel handles this issues?

As far as I know ADSL Modems cannot handle speeds like 12 mbps (That MEN Freedom 999 plan) So,I guess the maximum ADSL can provide will be 8 tops and in Metro Ethernet packet loss is quite less..

Most adsl modems can and should provide 24mbit line permitting !

If that's the case,then why didn't reliance allow us to use the 12 mbps plan on an ADSL modem :\

I have no clue. Their lines seem good enough to handle 12mbit.

Raj even I have ADSL2+ 😛 Should we tell this to reliance CC and avail 12 mbps connection ? 😛
Yes we can...simple. Just migrate to Freedom 999 PLAN and test it.

But the PLAN was great before the introduction of THUNDER plans. Now it looks boring.LOL

Everytime I wanted that 12 mbps connection,CC trolled me by saying that it is available only for Metro ethernet users.So explaining those about ADSL2+ will be useless :\ and Yeah Thunder plans blew it off 😛

It's about the line rate. There are people on this forum who have 16mbps on Airtel. It mostly depends on the distance fron the exchange/DSLAM.Look for attainable line rate or attainable data rate to know the max speed your line is of capable handling.

If Reliance has a 10mbps plan, your line can handle it. Whether they actually offer you such a plan is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.