• Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,992

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) today issued “The Telecom Consumer Protection (Fourth Amendment) Regulations, 2012”, permitting access service providers to offer Combo Vouchers. The Telecom Consumer Protection Regulation, 2012 (TCPR) permitted only three categories of vouchers-- Plan Vouchers, Top-ups and STVs. There were demands from several service providers and Cellular Operators Association of India to allow a fourth category of vouchers--Combo Vouchers—which would provide monetary value and tariff concessions through a single voucher.

Such vouchers would provide more flexibility to the service providers to offer innovative bundling of the products based on market segmentation. Further, use of Combo Vouchers afford the subscriber convenience of purchasing additional monetary value as well as well as getting benefit of special tariffs through a single transaction.

Keeping in view these facts, the Authority has decided, through the Fourth Amendment to the TCPR, to permit the Combo Vouchers as a fourth category of vouchers with certain safeguards to ensure that Top Up Vouchers are clearly distinguishable to subscribers. Top-Up Vouchers will be exclusively available in denomination of Rs.10 and multiples thereof. The Combo Vouchers will be available only in denomination other than Rs.10 and multiples thereof. The Combo Vouchers which are in physical form will bear a blue colour band whereas the Top-Up Vouchers will bear a green colour band. The Combo Vouchers will also clearly mention the terms and conditions of offer so that consumers can make an informed choice. In addition, service providers will also mention the availability of standalone top up vouchers whenever combo vouchers are publicised.

TRAI allows Service Providers to Offer Combo Vouchers

combo vouchers?? i have been using MTNL combo vouchers from 5-6 months now.in 298Rs.. i get 125MB 3G data, 250 SMS, 250Rs. talk time.now what is definition of combo voucher can anyone clarify?

just what is said in the above release. i guess mobile operators were using some loopholes to offer such deals. i mean tata too combine 3G and talktime in a single package right?i guess the new rules are for vouchers in physical form which few of us use these days.

ah! now that makes sense.for few plans, MTNL has written, e-topup only.(including 298Rs). I used to wonder why restrict such plans to e-topup.i guess now i know the reason