Has anyone seen airtel exchange any where in the country??

• Thread starter Thread starter chin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,725
Term exchange is only used by BSNL/MTNL, mainly because in "landline days" exchange was where your telephone landline terminates/originates.For airtel term used is relationship centers.

Term exchange is only used by BSNL/MTNL, mainly because in "landline days" exchange was where your telephone landline terminates/originates.

For airtel term used is relationship centers.

relation ship center is different i guess, Every isp needs to have central office/exchange.
Even cellphone towers ofc go to central office where the routing is done(not sure on this one).

I don see any servers in relationship centers :iconrofl:, I have visited my local exchange wer my line goes its fascinating :Boy Yahoo: to see.

The point I am trying to tell you is for MTNL/BSNL, exchange and relation ship centers are same.

For airtel, I suppose in mumbai there is only one exchange, whole city is connected via towers.

I am saying only one exchange because, when there was fire last year in that exchange, whole of mumbai airtel network was down. Apparently they dont have any BACKUP exchange.

according to me all their services work very differently eg: one of my friend land line was in belgaum(diiff district) and they gave a shift to Bangalore with same telephone number???The rule in Bsnl and even in at&t i guess, the first 4 numbers of telephone should define each exchange.I don see any thing happening here. well that wat it tells in most of the computer networks book & online sources.& that s the reason they are not allowed to give HOME SECURITY SERVICES to home.I mean police department don accept private numbers to connect home address to their control room.

Hmm. Ive also wondered about this for a long time. Certainly isnt a relationship center. Afaik, airtel's noc had caught fire last year. If mtnl's noc were to catch fire the results would be the same.

EditThere is an airtel mini exchange in my building's basement just like bsnl, however, they can activate any number on the said exchange and for some reason, that exchange doesnt operate on fiber.

Edit

There is an airtel mini exchange in my building's basement just like bsnl, however, they can activate any number on the said exchange and for some reason, that exchange doesnt operate on fiber.

might be only for broadband service. All bts(back haul) connect to exchange.

Term exchange is only used by BSNL/MTNL, mainly because in "landline days" exchange was where your telephone landline terminates/originates.For airtel term used is relationship centers.

Relationship Centre is a totally different thing,it's more like a Retail Outlet to sell products and services,these Relationship Centres are located in prime commercial locations.
While the Exchange that runs the DSL line is set up on the vacant upper stories of a rented residential,semi-commerical, commerical or private propery of approx 50-100 yards,with lonf term agreements.
Airtel calls it a DLC, (probable full form is Data Linkage Centre), each DLC comprises of an air conditioned single room set up comprising DSLAM devices, typical Racks, firewalls,dozens of Sealed Lead Acid Batteries, Voice Merger MUX etc etc... that are further linked to Optical Fibre Backbone.

179809d1373210666t-apple-going-down-billions-tax-fraud-thread-necromancy.png