Baskin Robbins Ice Cream prices in India have reached insane levels

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 35,036
Hmm... Baskin Robbins was always costly, but I thought it was more 100-ish for 2 scoops, did you choose many toppings or choose something "special"

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Marketing : Baskin Robbins keeps prices in check, with Cup in sights

The 17-year-old Baskin Robbins brand with 400-odd ice cream parlours across 90-plus cities, was one of the first few premium ice creams (pegged at Rs 30 for a scoop) when it first entered the Indian market.

Today, a single scoop of the brand is pegged between Rs 50 and Rs 55 and the ice cream brand believes it has managed to shed its premium image with the entry of more premium brands in the country.

So two scoops with some toppings & tax may come close to 150... 200, is indeed surprising...

the same cone + medium scoop ice cream used to cost 110 just a couple of weeks ago.in fact, i had the exact same combination last time i was out with samuel. we had watched moonlight kingdom that day. and it was that price. i of course did not inquire about the prices as i have been paying around this much for a very long time. but i literally got a shocker when the guy asked for 200 bucks. i asked him about a major price hike and he admitted that it was a recent decision. so basically i paid nearly double of what i used to pay for the same bloody thing.

Premimu Multi-flavor double scoop still shows as 106, plus cone, plus toppings....

the thing with baskin robbins is that they operate like airtel.

if you locate an outlet in a smaller market, the ice cream prices are low.

we went to ambiance mall which means that the premium prices are charged.

https://imgur.com/a0gS8

this is what zomato has for the outlet where i had ordered my ice cream. these are most likely older prices.

i do not have the bill so i do not remember what they charge for a medium scoop today.

Yeah, they may not be updated, but looks to be the same as to what I remember paying (6 months or so, ago).... I remember it launched when I was still studying and a store opened 3 buildings away & I used to feel tempted & guilty. Tempted because it looked nice & guilty because it meant I would need to pester dad/elder bro(s) for something that cost 70-80 for a couple of scoops, which felt like asking for too much.

yeap. their ice cream has always been very expensive. the problem is that i have developed a taste for their praline cream ice cream and i always am tempted to get a value/medium scoop whenever i see one. so the shock from today would ensure that i would no longer be ordering ice cream from them which is a shame. i mean 200 bucks. it's a freaking joke. i could have ordered a dessert for a bit more at the fancy restaurant where i had dinner tonight. at baskin? all i got was a stupid cone with two scoops of ice cream in it.

hehe. the way things are moving towards right now 😀 that is going to happen a lot more with me in the coming times. 😀

Even after 100% increase in prices, I'd bet that the Baskin Robbins shop was still crowded with customers as usual. Fact is that a lot of people who frequent these malls during weekends with families are so rich they can't care less about a few hundred rupees.Then there are people who work in the offices of MNCs in Gurgaon and they are so used to living from paycheck to paycheck and EMI to EMI that they also don't care so much about prices. They just wanna live their lives and enjoy.Looking at the crowds in these malls during weekends, one can say that the people who actually care about value for money are clearly in minority now a days.

lol yeah. actually BN does not even have a shop in ambiance mall. there are 2-3 outlets. so basically... you take your ice cream and you pay for it and then you are on your own to find a space to sit or stand to eat your stuff. 🙂 i understand that rentals in ambiance are going to be extremely high. but seriously... 5 dollars for ice cream in a cone is seriously not reasonable here in india. 😀 and yeah you are right about the large number of blokes who would not even think twice before paying 200 bucks for an ice cream cone in delhi ncr 🙂

So there were a lot of people buying ice cream and standing around? Right? You were not alone. If there are 2-3 outlets then it means demand must be there.

ambiance (and gurgaon overall) tonight was relatively empty for a saturday night. i imagine it was because of navratras. also... i noticed a lot of people on the road today. most of them were young men driving around on bikes (like *******s). also... more than usual number of police barriers. was there another festival yesterday? i remember seeing similar scenes on eid/muharram nights in delhi. it's insane what they were doing. groups of bikers driving around zig zag overtaking dangerously. in fact... they were scared to cross the barriers because none of them had helmets on. there were long patches where i had to carefully drive just to avoid crashing into them.