Tatasky on new Satellite

• Thread starter Thread starter venkat_9099
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 10,978
As per Lyngsat, the satellite is still moving. God only knows when it will get parked in its designated slot. Tata Sky has a long way to go before it can start using Gsat 10 yet.

If Gsat10 is still not given to TS, then why TS engineer told me that they already started transmitting some channels from new satellite?

I got a call from TS today. They want to send their technician for replacing the splitters with twin cabling for PVRs. I told them to let the splitter continue till they start beaming in Vertical polarity.. The call center guy informed me that I cannot wait any longer as they plan to beam channels from December end.. The technician left 100mt of cable at my place for internal wiring to be done by my electrician.. He took a security deposit of 1500/- (Rs.15 per mt) to be refunded after return of balance wiring..

Fraud alert.

I too got a call from Tata Sky yesterday and said that necessary cabling will be done free. After actual completion, the dude says that some part was replaced with new one and charged me Rs. 495 for it.

He did ask to keep the faulty part with us. Questionable as with previous part, everything was working perfectly. He basically replaced the part which only had provision for single cable from dish to 4 cables. A new extra cable was laid from the dish for recording purposes. Previously a splitter was used on single cable. My bad luck was I was at work and our carpenter who was working on some fixtures at home gave him the money.

Anyway, I just launched a complaint at TataSky and hopefully they will investigate.

Just a heads up for everyone: As per TataSky helpline, this adding of extra wire and changing the part is free of cost.

you dont pay anything to the TS technician. any charges if applicable should be deducted from your TS account. and the same is documented. You could check the same up online/from CC for reason of deduction.

Good news is Tata Sky acted promptly and Rs. 500 was credited to my account.These levels of service are unheard of in India and that too without any machmach. :thumbup1:

No HD channels coming since yesterday morning.... what to do?I have TS+ pvr

No HD channels coming since yesterday morning.... what to do?
I have TS+ pvr

Did you try cold reboot of your set top box? Meaning unplug from power source and plug it back in and restarting it?

since aug it is creating trouble. charge me unofficial 500, they changed dish, changed lnb and again they were trying to charge 600 to align dish.I said NO more spending ...after the guy went , I went to terrace and called my home and tried to adjust the dish till I got the best signal strengths and best quality. I am getting hd much better now.It is only you who have to do things if you want it best and free of cost.

I have also faced the same issues for some time...But the services start to resume by morning....

since aug it is creating trouble. charge me unofficial 500, they changed dish, changed lnb and again they were trying to charge 600 to align dish.
I said NO more spending ...
after the guy went , I went to terrace and called my home and tried to adjust the dish till I got the best signal strengths and best quality. I am getting hd much better now.
It is only you who have to do things if you want it best and free of cost.

Ask for a refund and complain regarding your unofficial payment. Trust me they will sort it out and add the money to your account.
I had a similar issue in that the guy had come to add extra wire for hd and splitter replacement. I requested him to get me a bigger dish since during thunderstorms n cloudy weather i had an issue with reception. The guy promptly agreed to the same for 700 rupee in cash. Thinking that it is a reasonable deal i agreed to it and got the work done. Later on i got a message from tatsky that rupees 150 have been deducted on account of lnb addition and installation charges.wondering what further charges were i called up cc n told them about the true story. Tata Sky not refunded the 150 rupee charges but also the rupees 700 were added to my account. If you have been an old customer you are entitled to a bigger/ newer dish as replacement that they install with new connections. You just have to contact their cc and say that you have issues with reception on cloudy days n yours is an old n smaller dish. Was pleasantly surprised by their quality of service n response in this day n age