Ebay commit to buy headache :upset:

Status
Not open for further replies.

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 23, 2006
Ok...So I am someone who rarely shops online. In my whole lifetime just bought maybe 2-3 items online. Recently had to get an electronic device that is not available locally. So found a good deal on ebay and purchased it. Now just before you pay for an item, eBay requires you to commit to buying the item. That was a new concept to me. As I was browsing through the site, checking my address details, PayPal details to make sure if everything was right, I committed to an item, later cancelled that instance of the transaction. After verifying everything, I purchased 2 units of the item. I purchased them not together, but within 1 day of each other. I paid using PayPal. Little did I realize that 1 more unit of the same item was sitting there, and I was apparently committed to buying it. I figured its just an incomplete transaction, no big deal. The seller than gave me 2 separate tracking numbers for the 2 units I paid for. The math all added up. Paid for 2 ..shipped 2..excellent !! Now its been a month since I made the payment, and only 1 tracking number seems to be progressing and is in Kolkata (The item ships from Hong Kong). I was wondering what happened to the other tracking number. A couple of days back, the seller sends me a picture of the parcel, where what he did was pack 3 units of the item into 1 and shipped that. 2 I paid for, 1 I didnt, but accidentally committed to buying. Now he has opened an unpaid items case in eBay against me and I responded back by saying, I paid for 2 and you gave me 2 tracking numbers, so my assumption is you shipped me 2. He now has offered to cancel the transactions. But the item is already in Kolkata. I am willing to make alternative arrangements for the extra unit with the seller. My question is can the seller after cancelling the transactions stop it from reaching me, now that it is already in the destination country ?And was he right to ship it together as a package even though I paid individual shipping charges. And he in fact gave me 2 different tracking numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.