Airtel Mobile would soon start accepting Aadhaar for Proof of Identity & Proof of Address

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 5,659
I had purchased mtnl sim in August 2012 with only aadhar card. they did not ask me any other document.

so what exactly happens? what do you submit, how is your identity verified?

One aadhar card has all 4 things. A unique number, your photo, your name and your address.Currently I dont think they verify fingerprints or retina 😀

what i mean to say is that do you give a photocopy of your aadhaar card? or do they verify your identification by sending your UID Number to the central database for verification? what makes it different from voter id card?

currently its no different.just that you dont have to give two separate proofs. one for identity and one for address.

it's funny because voter id card has both as well. photo and address. and yet it would not be accepted as a proof for both. what makes aadhar different? i mean if you are just going to give a photocopy... how hard is it to fake information in that photocopy? how is it foolproof? idiocy.

so what exactly happens? what do you submit, how is your identity verified?
I dunno ..filled up the form of docomo and gave one photograph and one adhar card copy

well "by rule" when u submit photocopy - operators are supposed to match it with original. Also you are supposed to sign in photocopy.

so unless you fake original and operators miss to identify it as fake (or bribe them), u cant really fake ids.

i have another question. isn't uid number is supposed to be critical in nature. i mean isn't it supposed to be like the american ssn? you do not just give out your number to random people? i thought it was supposed to be secretive as it can be used to well steal your identity. :\giving away a photocopy of your aadhaar card? i am not sure if it is a good idea.i have pinged sunil abraham and pranesh prakash asking if they can tell anything about this.

Yes, it's like SSN number.AOL, Verizon or any other service do not ask for the customers complete SSN number for any verification if you call them, they ask for the last 4 numbers or so.So, I believe the customer has to provide the SSN while registering for any service, in US it's fine.In India, it's going to be a privacy concern, for sure.

so it has a physical card. i bet you do not submit photocopies of it for mobile applications 😀 just the number would do.