Airtel Mobile would soon start accepting Aadhaar for Proof of Identity & Proof of Address

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 5,662
strange. here i thought it had a rfid chip inside it.

this is getting hilarious. why could they not just update the voter id card to this one. :\

dunno. qr code sounds awful. it can be replicated easily. what i heard was that it would contain a chip that would be used for scanning and verifying if the card is genuine or not. qr code can be printed at home printers. so basically, you can easily make a copy of this card replacing some variables and it should pass off as a totally different aadhaar card :\

Holy flying flaps of Zeus. Lots of misinformation in this thread. Lemme help you guys out.

1) Aadhaar is not a card. PERIOD. Any time you hear a service provider asking a "Aadhaar card", throw at him all your cards and say "Son, I got 99 cards, but Aadhaar ain't one"
What you see in the picture above is just a letter issued to applicants for their own records. Make paper aeroplane out of it since you can later print one yourself via eAadhaar service (enter the details, get a PDF, get it printed on a heavy paper if you want the same card feel). Your self-printed letter has the same authenticity as the one Post Office sent you.
Put a flintstone sticker on it, and maybe some glitter? Perhaps a rainbow to show your support for LGBT community? Seriously. Nobody cares. And yes, you, you the guy/gal who was issued a Aadhaar number within 20-30 days but kept waiting months for the Post Office to print and deliver you the letter - you dun goof'd.

2) Service providers who are insisting on copy of Aadhaar card are just imbeciles (first criteria to become a service provider in India) who:
a) can't wait for the pilot projects to complete
b) too accustomed in taking photocopy of everything that they just can't fight the urge
c) have not properly read the guidelines or has been issued any.
d) do not presently have IRIS/fingerprint scanners and forms to fill in the Aadhaar number
- People who got their connection solely on Aadhaar letter will probably asked in a few months to get their fingerprint scanned. This will of course only happen if some ministry haul them up.
e) wants the letter so they can verify the exact name and address as it'd be in UIDAI database. You see, sometime people make minor additions or changes in application forms (like writing "Block-A" instead of "A-Block").

3) The details of the applicant will and should ONLY be verified online via UIDAI centers.
Barcode and QR code are just accessories and helpers - they don't verify anything by themselves. And the name and address on the letter? Well, this will be verified too. So if you tampering with that is useless.

Lastly, the pilot projects I was talking about earlier in the post are the ones that will be implemented in metro cities soon. For example, you could go to Airtel, get a post-paid kit, give them your filled form and Aadhaar number, and they will either take a fingerprint or iris scan (possibly both) and send all these data to the data centers of UIDAI where they will receive a response as negative/positive [*1]. If the information and scan match, service provider will activate your connection right there.

[*1] - I think they may give more than just negative/positive response, perhaps complete and actual information if you had ticked the "Information sharing Consent" on Aadhaar enrolment form. I'm not sure about this.

EDIT:

^ Actually, scratch that, here's the list of authentication services the Aadhaar offers to service providers:

Type 1 Authentication – Through this offering, service delivery agencies can use Aadhaar Authentication system for matching Aadhaar number and the demographic attributes (name, address, date of birth, etc) of a resident.
Type 2 Authentication – This offering allows service delivery agencies to authenticate residents through One-Time-Password (OTP) delivered to resident’s mobile number and/or email address present in CIDR.
Type 3 Authentication – Through this offering, service delivery agencies can authenticate residents using one of the biometric modalities, either iris or fingerprint.
Type 4 Authentication – This is a 2-factor authentication offering with OTP as one factor and biometrics (either iris or fingerprint) as the second factor for authenticating residents.
Type 5 Authentication – This offering allows service delivery agencies to use OTP, fingerprint & iris together for authenticating residents.

(c/p from Aadhaar site)

@mystic

I was about to say the same , Many people confuse with UID no , when they say its a card . UIDAI thought of giving out cards , but i dont know what happened , they stepped back from it.

Again UID should be an optional KYC column and not mandatory , as this and so is many other forms will make UID mandatory , when UID itself is just voluntary , currently working under the EXECUTIVE ORDER and not via parliamentary procedure.

For all others , just try to stay away from this UID registration , the whole process is untested , and we dont yet know what kind of shenanigans wrong doers are supposed to do , this is apart from the fact that this whole UID is cr@p.

Also just a reminder , we have a separate thread for UID : https://broadband.forum/politics/33896-unique-identification-authority-india-aadhaar.html

one more thing

[*1] - I think they may give more than just negative/positive response, perhaps complete and actual information if you had ticked the "Information sharing Consent" on Aadhaar enrolment form. I'm not sure about this.

if you really think , this one option will stop them from sharing your information , you are dreaming , particularly anything with respect to UID and nilekani