Airtel Mobile would soon start accepting Aadhaar for Proof of Identity & Proof of Address

popcorn

Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
I had purchased mtnl sim in August 2012 with only aadhar card. they did not ask me any other document.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
All cell phone shop guys are accepting aadhar cards as ID proof. Just took a new docomo connection yesterday using adhar card

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
One aadhar card has all 4 things. A unique number, your photo, your name and your address.Currently I dont think they verify fingerprints or retina :D

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
what i mean to say is that do you give a photocopy of your aadhaar card? or do they verify your identification by sending your UID Number to the central database for verification? what makes it different from voter id card?

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
currently its no different.just that you dont have to give two separate proofs. one for identity and one for address.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
it's funny because voter id card has both as well. photo and address. and yet it would not be accepted as a proof for both. what makes aadhar different? i mean if you are just going to give a photocopy... how hard is it to fake information in that photocopy? how is it foolproof? idiocy.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
so what exactly happens? what do you submit, how is your identity verified?
I dunno ..filled up the form of docomo and gave one photograph and one adhar card copy

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
well "by rule" when u submit photocopy - operators are supposed to match it with original. Also you are supposed to sign in photocopy.

so unless you fake original and operators miss to identify it as fake (or bribe them), u cant really fake ids.