• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,239

moindear

Internet addict!
ISP
Airtel, ACT
The gang's methods were similar to those of another busted by south district police last week — the accused would deactivate the victim's mobile number by reporting its loss before emptying his account through net banking.

The gang busted last week connived with a bank executive, who provided them with the customer ID and the password (i-pin) of the customer's net banking operations. Armed with these details the accused scanned their target's Facebook profile and other social networking profiles to obtain photographs and personal details. Using the image, the gang would forge an ID card of the target and then report the loss of his mobile phone, leading to deactivation of the number

Later, the gang would get a new SIM issued for the number by showing the fake ID card. In this way, the gang would get the victim's transaction alerts while he would not. In Gautam's case, his mobile number registered with the bank was deactivated twice. The second time after he got a new SIM.

Rs 55 lakh siphoned from bank account - The Times of India

Whoa! Similar case was broadcasted in crime petrol some day back.

Damn this is so sad for the couple who have to go through this ordeal of recovery of funds ..

When my dad was alive I would argue with him that why visit the bank branch for transactions when they can be done online and he would tell me that he would never do online transactions and now I understand why .. Im not saying all online transactions will be bad but I think ill follow my dads strategy of NOT banking online !!

My HOD whoes salary is around a lac don't have debit card and he go to bank every time he needs cash. I can't live his way.

I guess if you have lots of money in a bank account, you need to be very careful. May be even disable internet access for that accountIn this era where you do not have time, net banking is a must

Having huge sum of money deposited in saving ac in bank has no sense until its a fixed deposit. You can invest it on numerous way to make more money.

I do not think it is that easy to get banking password. I personally think there should have been some lapse on customer's end.

You haven't watched crime petrols that episode and here too it is mentioned that bank official is envolved.

This has been mentioned in this forum again and again that one should keep separate bank accout for routine transactions like receiving salary or online payments from clients, online bill payments and for a debit card that is used for shopping in malls etc.Then there should be an account probably without internet access where long term savings and fixed deposits are kept safely.