Android 4.3 for Sony Xperia devices

Sony Xperia devices from 2011 would not get Android Jelly Bean edition

2011 models not getting it.

Following models would get it. Eventually.

Sony Xperia T
Sony Xperia TX
Sony Xperia V
Sony Xperia S
Sony Xperia acro S
Sony Xperia Ion
Sony Xperia P
Sony Xperia go
Sony Xperia J

Consider yourselves lucky dude. Check out the upgrade news of Motorola. Their mid 2011 phones have not even received ICS upgrade, even their flagship phones like Atrix 4G and Photon 4G are stuck with Gingerbread.

lol. yeah. motorola is getting a lot of bad press. and they have just release a long list of phones which are not going to get jelly bean even. Motorola Droid 3 Motorola Droid X2 Motorola Atrix 4gMotorola Atrix 2Motorola AdmiralMotorola Cliq 2Motorola Milestone 3Motorola Milestone X2Motorola ElectrifyMotorola Photon 4gMotorola XprtMotorola TitaniumMotorola Triumph

Right. Mr. Punit Soni, the VP of their software team is getting constant bombardment of hate messages on his G+ profile. Motorola has pretty much screwed themselves as far as android phones are concerned. It will be quite evident in their upcoming financial results, I'm sure of that.Maybe Google is intentionally trying to kill Motorola brand.

lol. yeah. he moved from the google+ team to the motorola mobility team recently and considering he had a major public presence on google+ during the time he worked on it, he has become a soft target for all the hatred. in any case, it's not like he would be able to change a lot of things so fast. the company probably is going to stick with their current product schedule and hopefully things would be better for devices launched by them in the recent weeks. the new droid series should be supported for at least 2 years i hope.

brrrrrhhhhhh... i thought they will give upgrade for my live with walkman.but i guess not. so i have had last upgrade of android(ICS).

Sony has dropped the ball. there is not much of a difference between ics and jb. they focused on performance improvements. which means that if the phone can handle ics, it should comfortably handle jb. in fact, it should work even better on jb. horrible mess from motorola and sony. samsung on the other hand is doing a pretty cool job with a long list of phones due to get jb in the coming months. but then they launch so many phones that their supported list looks very long by default :\

Yes I was expecting that since JB and ICS has not much difference, but just improvements. Sony would actually upgrade 2011 xperia as well.

But looks like they are just "lazy enough" to maintain so many versions of JB.

So in the name of "un-stability" they are giving an excuse on why they dont intend to upgrade 2011 xperia.

There are still some bugs and glitches with their last update of ICS for 2011 xperia phones!I wish they release one more update to polish this ICS version!!

I expect maximum 1 more update and after that 2011 devices will be dis-owned.

Ok..So how do I know the Xperia S that I am about to buy is a 2011 or 2012 model ? Especially the imported ones that I see on eBay. And would the 2011 ones be upgradable to Jelly Bean through AOSP or custom ROMS.

gsmarena.com - check launch date.and to be even more safe, ask on their online forum!