Android 4.3 for Sony Xperia devices

Ah ok.....I got a bit confused. I thought there were different Xperia S models for 2011 and 2012. My bad !!!

right. do not take the year thing too seriously. just check the exact model name in the list of devices and then make a decision. it's not like they are basing the upgrade cycle on year based launch. it's just that the new xperia based devices were launched this year with better specifications.

better specifications? 😀specifications are more or less the same.they are simply LAZY to maintain so many ROMsplus those were "Sony ericsson" models. they want to scrap those models.

the new xperia series had better specifications. of course they were still not at par with the latest htc and samsung models. for example xperia s had a dual core processor and not a quad core one.

no i mean, in their list they have mentioned a model with 1GHz (single core) and 512MB ram.which is same spec as many 2011 xperia models.now if they can upgrade that, then its clear their reason for not upgrading 2011 models is a false excuse.but anyway, it does not make much difference to me, because their schedule start time for JB release is 2013 and also ICS can be rooted but JB rooting may not be that easy till someone cracks it.so for me ICS is best as of now.

If they reduce bloatware they can fit in more. I still have 170MB free after rooting and removing all the stupid apps they added.

Though Xperia 2011 series phones are not getting the Jelly Bean update, they are getting an ICS ugrade 4.1.B.1.13 😀And there's an update for GB users as well!

Finally got the jellybean 4.1.2 update for Xperia S today. it's awesome.

hehehe. thats why using cm10.1 custom rom 4.2.2 on Galaxy s plus... works without any issue.