Reliance Broadband Thunder 1099 4 Mbps Unlimited Plan in Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter bintop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 46,564
Its good to know that reliance has introduced such cheap plans without fup which is indeed needed by people in india as for now, but to my opinion its all about marketing strategy because at first airtel also offered truly unlimited where they had to change thier plans as per TRAI instructions. As for reliance it may give unlimited plans as for now but later who knows they also might migrate and loot their customers. Regarding my past experiences i had bad times with reliance as i opted for reliance BB combo for which they assured they would install the phone and the configure the wifi as well(needed the wifi because of laptops and smartphone),so they installed the other day with a MEN network to which i was astonished at first. But later they told me that all other things would be done by the representative and upon calling him he told every time he would be comming within some time where he never came.At last we decided to disconnect the connection getting angry with CC and dropping a mail but till this date we still get a BB Bill and we usually dont pick up as they too havent disconnected the connection frm their side till now and also have said that they would be filing a case against us soon.We have told number of times to disconnect but still they are reluctant, we also havent got back the security deposit made before the installation.

I know it seems to be boring reading this stuff but these are my experiences and view about Reliance BB its upon your perception you take it. Hope it had helped you to understand and realize the tricks played by telecom ppl.

Thanks
Sad to hear that ur disappointed by Reliance. Im too afraid of the situation im gonna face when i would like to surrender my connection.

Actually i was very much interested at those times as i had 1mbps 649 plan and it delivered promised speed but the promises made by the representative made me quite disappointing and forced me to discontinue the service i am now in airtel 749 2mbps (7gb FUP) plan. Anyway lets see what future tells us in the field of Broadband.

considering they are offering an option to pay for these plans on an annual basis, i do not see them disappear in the near future.

considering they are offering an option to pay for these plans on an annual basis, i do not see them disappear in the near future.
Might be...but i heard that Tata Sky dth didn't follow these rules in their annual plans. Though its a different Co. and its not related to ISP im just saying.

How about one fine morning they include FUP quota and when you are complaining about this to CC they tell you about the exact info wont it be a dissappointment. Anyways they yould have to obey the rules and regulation from TRAI.

folks have said here that reliance does not force you to migrate to a new plan if they discontinue an old plan that you are on. i have never been on reliance so i cannot say for sure. just stating what i have read on the forum from other folks. 🙂

folks have said here that reliance does not force you to migrate to a new plan if they discontinue an old plan that you are on.

Me too heard the same from others. Reliance(ISP) & Aircel(Mobile) never force users to migrate to the new plan.

Should I buy a Netgear N150 wifi router for the Metro Ethernet?I am also thinking of buying the Netgear WN3000RP range extender to go with the N150.They were suppose to come today for installation but nobody has shown up yet.. 🙁Please advice?

Just migrated to Thunder 1099. Man this plan Rockzzzz

http://imageshack.us/a/img580/7928/23981328.jpg

mate from your post, i can see that you have been using metro ethernet (for Fredom 999 plan)subsequently opted for Thunder 1099, correct me if i am wrong. I just want to figure out whether changing to Metro Ethernet line gives full bandwidth, the same thunder 1099 plan i am using getting the maximum speed of 3.5mbps only not more than that. However yours is quite weird(Awesome speeds for same plan).

I was using Freedom 999, now bought this plan as well. Total Value for Money IMHO.

Speedtest result from Baroda, Gujarat!

https://www.speedtest.net

PS. For some reason I get ridiculous upload speeds.

Hi
Me from Chennai
My Plan : Reliance Thunder 1099 4 Mbps
Download Speed : Avg 440 KBps
Upload speed : Apprx70 KBps
Ping : 55ms-60ms

Check with speedtest.net and then report back.