Google Android 4.1.2 System Update for Samsung Galaxy Nexus is here!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 1,814
I am pretty sure that I had this setting already on. But Google still confirmed:

https://imgur.com/7065T

I can confirm notifications can be expanded/collapsed using single finger actions.

https://imgur.com/xNG33

nope he still not on jelly bean .......never was ,never will be , his phone maybe though😀

Using 4.1.2 on my GNex now (RasbeanJelly ROM + Trinity Kernel). This seems to be super fast, loving it. I don't know whether this experience is due to CM10 to RasbeanJelly or 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 but overall my experience on 4.1.2 has been absolutely superb. Performance seems to have improved.

no one commented on the only new feature internet found in this update? single touch notifications management?

just wanted to know if you understand how it works? coz it is not very easy to understand. a normal bloke would never find it out even.

On 4.1.1 I used to multi-touch notifications (which are enabled for expansion) to expand them. An SMS, email notification could be expanded.Haven't tried it on 4.1.2 yet. As I have just flashed a new kernel, I'm giving my phone a full charge with the phone being off, so once it gets fully charged I'll boot it up and try them. 🙂

Still waiting for the 4.1.2 OTA on NS. I've downloaded the OTA file, tried to update using Recovery>install from SD Card, failed. Tries Recovery>install from USB sideload, gets stuck at 2%. I'm on stock ROM 4.1.1, stock recovery, just rooted. Dont wanna load CWM, any suggestions how can I get this going ?

just wait for a couple of days? it's not like this update has shit load of new features?

True, thats why even after downloading the factory ROM I've not yet flashed it as I dont wanna start scratch. But I hate to wait for updates with a Nexus device 😛Have always flashed an update earlier with CWM, this time I dont wanna load anything extra than stock as it slows the phone.

@Sushubh: Can you please go into the Developer options and check the default animation scales? I was playing with them and now I cannot recall the default values. 😛