Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Facebook offering Rs. 50 talk time for new signups from mobile devices in India

URL: m.facebook.com/tt

1. you need to create a new account.
2. you can refer your number to get the same benefit when your friend creates an account.

from what i see, facebook gets your number when you do that. so they are basically spending 1 dollar per account to get access to the user's number.

sounds like a win-win deal to me (for facebook).

whaaaat? :Boy Heart Borken:

i see it as a huge privacy related issue. you need to give them your phone number to get the benefit.

This is getting seriously dirtier by the day!

It was always dirty yar......... It's just getting clear now.......

1. you need to create a new account.
2. you can refer your number to get the same benefit when your friend creates an account.
So we get another 50rs if one friend signs up using my number as reference?

atleast ppl now know the real value of their privacy............telecom companies were selling illegally the mobile numbers for dirt cheap prices rs 10 per number and were making illegal profits ,that too in black money.now the users are able to get 500% increase on that amount fully legal and 100% white money...........users must thank Facebook for fully unlocking the latent value of the mobile numbers and privacy 😀

I had my old number associated with facebook before so that i got notifications alerts on SMS. no change really. Fb neither contacted me nor there were any increase in promotional calls

facebook does not make money send you promotional sms. they are too classy for that. the point is that they now have your number in your database 😀 it might not look like a very big deal. but when they start selling this database to offline companies for a price without informing you, then the damage would start. 😀

That number i long gone so am not worried. What would happen if they sold your number to offline companies? random calls? SMS's? Can't trust mobile companies these days. Thats why i obtained my current number with fake documents. 😕

facebook business model is pretty creepy. they have access to tons of user information online. they combine this information with offline information about you to create an extensive profile. this data is then sold to marketing companies which target you in their own manner. it is not such a big deal in india. but it is becoming a menace in the american market. just think. you maintain a very private profile online. but your offline activities are combined with your identification online and you get promotions based on your offline activities :\it is sort of hard to explain. and most people are not yet bothered. but eventually it would become a relevant issue.