Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

Retired
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 29, 2007
@socrateszero
Does any one know of a s/w which can transfer data from an E63 to an Android Phone (make/model undecided yet). I know how to transfer contacts & appointments but I am stuck wrt sms's. I would have normally use Outlook & MyPhoneExplorer to transfer data but for sms I am stuck. I have looked at some online sites like Phonecopy.com but its not clear if it will support transfer of sms. I want to be sure before I go for the new phone. :)

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
If you want easy way out BUT little manual way.Then COPY SMS to SIM card (in symbian) then COPY SMS from SIM card (in Android)

socrates

Retired
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 29, 2007
@socrateszero
If you want easy way out BUT little manual way.

Then COPY SMS to SIM card (in symbian) then COPY SMS from SIM card (in Android)

Yes but the number of sms to be shifted from old to new phone exceeds the capacity in the SIM card

This could help

Guide : Transfer all SMS from a Nokia Symbian Smartphone to Android Smartphone

This looks really promising, will definitely try this & keep everyone posted. :)

Wondershare MobileGo

Going thru the info on the page I am not sure its possible for transferring sms between different makes of phones.

mohit.joshi

Regulars
May 3, 2012
Having a look at the screenshots , i figured you might ! Having shifted from symbian -> windows mobile -> android -> iOS .I could never get back texts from my older phones .

Status
Not open for further replies.