• Thread starter Thread starter lake1988
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 8,433

lake1988

Regular
ISP
Alliance
I present my review of HD DVR box.Features-Pro:1.Can record 2 channels at a time and view anyone of those two that time.2.Now dolby digital audio is coming from hdmi.My tv is a certified dolby digital device.3.Pic quality is superior than my hd box. Color gradation is very smooth. They must have upgraded the video processor.4.Have two usb port..1 front and 1 back..I think we can view only picture through it...not tested.5.Signal strength and quality in satellite management looks true..unlike hd box where all the times signal strength is 100%.6.Very good feature mark-skip-watch..at the time of recording you can mark the advertisement period and at the time of watching you can skip those periods.7.Box looks good.8.Got a seagate 500gb 5400rpm hdd in it.9.Can fast forward upto 32x.10.Got a Ethernet port..not sure what's its use though.Cons:1.While playing back recordings sound is distorted all the time..which is really unbearable cause it's there through whole clip...be it hd/sd recordings.2.Take long time to boot up.3.Remote is uncomfortable..have once off recording button at top and stop recording button at bottom.If you guys can suggest some solutions on audio distortions it will be awesome cause D2H guys are still unable to resolve this.One guy from Q&A visited my place...still no resolution...not sure what to do now.

Updating the pros here-11.Has got time based recording option-you can select any time frame in which you can record a particular channel, also you can record another channel simultaneously within different time frame.12.You can record series-you can schedule a series to be recorded at a particular time on daily/weekly basis.

I'm gonna get a new HD DVR box with a 90 cm dish..🙂But I must say both HD and SD pic quality are superior than my HD box.

Are you sure it's 90 cm dish? It's huge and d2h use it mostly in common antenna.

My existing dish is 75 cm...but there is still some signal problem on 3 transponders...so they will be installing 90 cm dish...As I got another HD box so I think they thought it will be ok to install 90 cm dish.

They are claiming 1080p quality feed. :S Are they getting 1080p from anyone?

By what name, can u please clarify? I have got too many names now! 😀

Done.Btw, u can reduce the time under live recording......that was available in the old model. U can set it from 30 mins upto 2 hours. I have it at 2 hours as well, despite of the lower capacity.