Adobe Reader for Google Android

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 1,989
I had a very bad experience with Adobe Reader on PC and I replaced it with a lighter alternative Foxit Reader. Therefore I've never tried it on Android. How does it perform on Android?

i have never had the need to read PDFs on my phone. 🙂 i tried it once to see if it accepted password protected acrobat files (bank and credit card statements). at that time, it did not even support that feature. got rid of it. i think it can now handle password protected pdf files. have no other use for it though.

Ditto here. And I had bought Officesuite which opens password protected PDFs with ease. So I guess no point in installing this.

from what i see, it is primarily aimed for people who have to open complex pdf files on the move. and i guess need form filling and submit feature. foxit and other apps do well with the read only aspect. acrobat technology is much bigger than that. 90% of the users have no use for the advance features.

Just a reader and more than 150MB of installation(pc), crap and sometimes had printing issues too. Foxit much better alternative, using it since it was launched for first time. In mobile, sometimes i need to read pdf related to our devices, so have adobe, finding if there is better and lite version.

you are missing the point. the pdf files you open are basic ones compared to what adobe acrobat technology support. this is like saying, why use microsoft word when you can write your documents in notepad.

You are right, but what generally end user need to read are simple manuals and sometimes course related pdf, where an alternative works just fine.

well explain me why regular people with simple need are still using windows based laptops instead of ubuntu based laptops? 🙂 at least we are seeing a change. people are switching to tablets for their computing needs. i cannot wait for the time when having microsoft word on your machine is no longer essential because people keep on sending you files in docx format (yeah i realize that libreoffice can handle the xml office formats pretty nicely). 🙂

Because people started using/learnt pc using windows and I too find Ubuntu bit complicated compared to it. And most important you can find tones of app for Windows either legal, free or pirated.

Well, most things are on the web nowadays & its only because of a very few games or apps that we are still stuck with Windows. Otherwise, I personally would have moved to Linux a while back (My laptop that is)...

Because people started using/learnt pc using windows and I too find Ubuntu bit complicated compared to it. And most important you can find tones of app for Windows either legal, free or pirated.

well my question was more like. why do people pirate microsoft office when they have free alternatives like libreoffice which offer all the functionality they need in an office suite? 🙂

I find libreoffice and open office full of bugs.. Use excel, apply some formulas and you will know how life is easier with MS.

Hmm.... depends on up to what level you use. If you do office work at home, then yes, MS-Office is better, otherwise for basic stuff, I have found them to be sufficient. I use it less, but I have LibreOffice in my laptop.

Ok try to format cell with datetime, apply some diff datetime format, share the result. Place two date values in two different cells, get the difference in 3rd cell. If you still wont find the bugs and difference between ms and open , i will upload a excel sheet with data, try same data on open office.