Apple Media Event (October 23 2012)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 7,734
really? Apple did not even bother to compare the ipad with surface in the event. surface has nothing on the ipad or android tablets right now. it is positioned in a very different segment of the market altogether.

its not just the surface tablet and then there is no point comparing when its not available... and at same price points and big screen size they compete each other in the market... it is android tabs which are the cheap and small ones for which ipad mini has been launched...

the day it goes on sale, it would sell out record number of units and the investors would go back buying the Apple stock pushing it to new limits. sure people expect the cheapest ipad to be priced at 299 dollars. but then what would have been the point of the recently launched ipod touch? 🙂what exactly is the market for surface tablet? i mean why would you buy it over an ipad?--beh. waiting for 29th now. though it is already clear what would be launched on that day as well.

lol. what's a 10 dollar drop when your stock is priced at what 800 dollars? 🙂

multiply by 600million shares....

as i said, i am sure no one worries about a drop when you know that on launch date, new records are going to be set which would take the stock to even higher levels. in fact, a drop is nice for the market as more investors can join the party. lol. ok. i am no share market expert. but i do not see this as something relevant. market expect Apple to compete with google and Amazon on prices. apple does not do that. they always charge a premium for their product and there are millions of people who are willing to pay for that. ipad mini would create new records. all ipad owners would want one as a tablet they can carry around in their pockets. a lot of them would also want to upgrade from ipad 2 (and possibly ipad 3) to the ipad 4. two ipad launches in an year. that is like goldmine for apple looking at how crazy people are about their products.

the day it goes on sale, it would sell out record number of units and the investors would go back buying the Apple stock pushing it to new limits.

sure people expect the cheapest ipad to be priced at 299 dollars. but then what would have been the point of the recently launched ipod touch? 🙂

what exactly is the market for surface tablet? i mean why would you buy it over an ipad?

--

beh. waiting for 29th now. though it is already clear what would be launched on that day as well.

surface.. even RT and other RT tabs are more pc like.. there are usb ports and memory card slots... then for surface there is the touch cover.. the so useful kickstand... pre loaded office... no matter how much apple shouts about how productive ipad is, surface will be more productive out of the box... the hybrid laptop/tablet sounds much more useful.. using office apps becomes better... even at times while playing NOVA on the ipad i just feel having a mouse and keyboard would make it better...

it makes for good headlines though. zuck is poorer by 10 billion dollars! Apple loses 50 billion dollars in market capitalization. they are just that. funny headlines.

surface.. even RT and other RT tabs are more pc like.. there are usb ports and memory card slots... then for surface there is the touch cover.. the so useful kickstand... pre loaded office... no matter how much Apple shouts about how productive ipad is, surface will be more productive out of the box...

it does not have gps. it does not have cellular or lte. fine you read and edit office files. but you can do the same on a cheapo netbook and probably faster (proper keyboard). apple ipad is not a productivity device. it is a media consumption device. microsoft tries to showcase surface as a productivity device but it is again just like other tablets... consumption of media. sale/rent/subscription based media content delivery and so on.

anyone here owning a tablet. can you really say that you can be productive (do work) on your tablet pc?

all ipad owners would want one as a tablet they can carry around in their pockets

You need to have very big pockets for that.

Donno why wud someone prefer iPad mini when they can get better in ipad2/iPad3/iPad4 with some dollars extra!

Ofcourse Nexus 7 is better 🙂

anyone here owning a tablet. can you really say that you can be productive (do work) on your tablet pc?

Dont think so, its mainly for casual browsing & entertainment stuff. you can do basic office stuff, but it cannot replace your primary work machine. Ofcourse, I am excluding what accessories and Asus transformer like attachments can bring.

iPhone is launched in store yesterday. One lot was called of 25 units by nearest store which are sold all units immediately. No stock is available now.People are still mad behind Apple iPhone.