Nano SIM availability in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 6,420
Umm, say i have phone which needs Nano SIM.

Now I also want to use same NUMBER in another phone which supports FULL sim.

So Nano SIM will NOT go in phone with FULL sim slot.

So I am planning to get a NANO sim and buy adapter. So simply insert Nano-SIM in adapter (which is of FULL sim size) and then adapter in FULL sim slot.

So in short I can use same SIM in two phones.

As long as the phone that supports the full sim has a normal sim slot and not a tray, you would be able to manage with an adapter so long as you're careful.

Also, if the phone does have a sim slot. It is pretty easy to place the nano sim in the slot by aligning it properly without the need for an adapter.

Something like this:

9c7eaeb47e437f01fb25791a8da658f8.jpg

However, do not try inserting adapters in phones with sim trays. The tray contacts will get damaged.

@x720 Micro SIM may fit in Full SIM by alignment but Nano SIM are too small.

Now a days most phones dont have clear open SIM slot like in your picture. Here u can adjust SIM back/forth or sideways.

My phone has thin opening just to insert SIM from side and there no way to adjust SIM inside.

Like this:
sku_155232_1.jpg

If you buy adapter with holes then they are dangerous because pins get jammed on those holes

Noosy adapter are full covered and full flat and hence I doubt it would dangerous.

Source

Right. I too damaged a xolo phone by trying to use it with a sim+adapter. Adapter got stuck and now the repair guy is quoting me 800 bucks to replace the whole sim sections.

My friend damaged his Nexus 5 sim slot using Noosy. 😀

Are you sure? Because guys from Makesuseof (OR Buzzfeed) recommended Noosy specifically to avoid damage!!

Yes. He wrote to Google India and they sent him a free replacement, but that's besides the point.

The adapter gets stuck and if you try pulling it out, it brings a few pins along with itself 😀