Using Blackberry Services in India

• Thread starter Thread starter oznawab
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 936

oznawab

ISP
ADSL2+
Hi Guys,I am planning to visit India in couple of months and planning to get a SIM with BlackBerry services for my BlackBerry BOLD 9900(850/1900/2100 MHz) model.So, I have follwing questions:1. Would I have to reconfigure all email accounts on my phone with new provider?2. I have heard all operators use 2100 MHz for 3G is it true?3. What would be my best bet when choosing provider, in terms of coverage, 3G speeds, reliablity etc?4. Will all operators support tethering?I would greatly appreciate if you could shed some light on above.Regards

1. Would I have to reconfigure all email accounts on my phone with new provider?
2. I have heard all operators use 2100 MHz for 3G is it true?
3. What would be my best bet when choosing provider, in terms of coverage, 3G speeds, reliablity etc?
4. Will all operators support tethering?

Ans 1. I dont think so you need to reconfigure email accounts. I change sim cards in my handset, but emails configure can get sync.
Ans 2. May be as per - GSM World Coverage Map- GSM Country List by frequency bands
Ans 3. Check for details of area of 3G coverage by various operators - Indian Telecom Spectrum Auction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For me Idea 3G was good for Maharashtra Circle
Ans 4. I think most of operators support tethering on 3G.

Thanks SVK, you are top bloke!!!
You are welcome (to IBF) 🙂