Martin Crowe & Tony Greig diagnosed with cancer

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 4,486
If am not wrong, He was the person who bought the concept of T-20?

Well, not exactly. He did bring in some other forms like Max cricket etc & one can argue that T20 was inspired from that.

Max Cricket

As you can read, free hit and all was inspired from that.

Sorry to hear that, he is among my favorite player and captain. God bless him. 🙁

And now this.. England Cricket News: Tony Greig diagnosed with lung cancer | ESPN Cricinfo

Tony Greig, the former England captain, has been diagnosed with a form of lung cancer and will undergo a biopsy later this week to determine at what stage the disease is at and what the required course of action would be.

"I have had a few scrapes in my life and this is another one," Greig told the Sunday Telegraph. "[His wife] Vivian and I are going to put the boxing gloves on and fight this like we've never fought anything before."

cancer is like that. it does not take into consideration caste/age/sex/color of the person.

tell me that! my mum had cancer when i was small ..me and my sis used to clean up the house and do the chores and go to school all by ourselves for nearly 2 years. But thanks to railways (for free hospitals and best medicines) and god, mum made it through.

right. cghs (or something) is probably the best medical insurance that cannot be bought in the country.

yes. I mean i have District railway hospital headquarters like 20 mins away from my home. Medicines for free and even costly tests are done in other star hospitals (like apollo or Yashoda hospitals)

yeah. same with my nana. retired IT officer. i think his cancer treatment cost around 30-40 lakhs through a period of 4-5 years. all paid by the government of india. eventually he gave up. decided not to go for chemo anymore. ate him from inside without 6 months. his last days were so horrible, i shiver at the thought of it.

4-5 years 😕 thats hell man. Just yesterday found out one of my college lecturer's mum had stroke and had brain damage. Cost them 6 lakhs! hospital charged 4k everyday just for providing a bad and saline each day. Insurance is compulsory and even that damn insurance can't guarantee payment in time of need

yeap. i got medical insurance just this year. 5L. i wanted 10L. but they want medical tests done for 10L. in a city like gurgaon, 5L is nothing for a major health issue. :\

Then go for a test naa.. Atleast by that way you will know how is your health right now. Are you afraid of something wrong will comeup? I worry a lot everytime I go to doctor for a checkup.Btw what type of medical test they are asking for?

lol. i have been a chain smoker for more than 5 years now. i know my internals are pretty fried up already. 🙂