Martin Crowe & Tony Greig diagnosed with cancer

mhsabir

Xclusive
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
New Zealand Cricket News: Martin Crowe diagnosed with lymphoma | ESPN Cricinfo

Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe had been diagnosed with lymphoma, a type of cancer. The diagnosis, New Zealand newspapers reported on Monday, was "very new" and Crowe's family was still coming to terms with it. No details have as yet been released of how serious or at what stage the cancer is.

mhsabir

Xclusive
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Well, not exactly. He did bring in some other forms like Max cricket etc & one can argue that T20 was inspired from that.

Max Cricket

As you can read, free hit and all was inspired from that.

iCon

masoom kameena!
Regulars
May 18, 2011
Sorry to hear that, he is among my favorite player and captain. God bless him. :(

maniaco

Regulars
Regulars
Jun 6, 2008
Bengaluru
And now this.. England Cricket News: Tony Greig diagnosed with lung cancer | ESPN Cricinfo

Tony Greig, the former England captain, has been diagnosed with a form of lung cancer and will undergo a biopsy later this week to determine at what stage the disease is at and what the required course of action would be.

"I have had a few scrapes in my life and this is another one," Greig told the Sunday Telegraph. "[His wife] Vivian and I are going to put the boxing gloves on and fight this like we've never fought anything before."

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
tell me that! my mum had cancer when i was small ..me and my sis used to clean up the house and do the chores and go to school all by ourselves for nearly 2 years. But thanks to railways (for free hospitals and best medicines) and god, mum made it through.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
right. cghs (or something) is probably the best medical insurance that cannot be bought in the country.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
yes. I mean i have District railway hospital headquarters like 20 mins away from my home. Medicines for free and even costly tests are done in other star hospitals (like apollo or Yashoda hospitals)