MapmyIndia for Windows Phone

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,858
ok confused. the app itself is free. and there is no details if the user pays for the maps?

It used to be there when I was using windows 6.1 (4 years ago). MMI and Garmin. Of course there was no apps store so you had to install a cab

that's what i want to know. they might be charging for maps through in-app purchase system?

anyone with a windows phone device here? can you check if the maps are free right now?
I have downloaded and installed for free just now on my Samsung Omnia W.

can you post some screenshots? i am not sure if wp7.x can even take screenshots. from what i see, it is a feature they are introducing with windows phone 8?what features are available? navigation? offline maps?

Offline is not working. If I disable data and open app, it gives notification for active internet connection needed.It has Driving Direction, Maps and Local Search feature. It works fine with active data connection. I need to check it on road if it is picking GPS signal 🙂

Nokia Maps may be available for all WP8 handsets, but still its not sure if all brands would get it 🙂
Some snaps of MapmyIndia on my Samsung Omnia W-

I experienced the following problems (quite a few indeed) for my Honda City AVN 2DIN🙁1) CD & FM freeze frequently(2) MP4 file does not play (from USB)(3) Both USB not working simultenously(4) Speed 50 and low volume(5) SD card backup (in case of SD card problem)(6) Suddenly stops working asking for credentials(7) Windows server6 error (almost twice a week)(8) Asks for Update or Registration (often)I went to their Okhala office and here is my experience🙁1) Mapmy India itself gives wrong direction to reach the office(2) The so call support Engineer do not know anything(3) Before meeting one Balaprasad, four people came applied their intelligence(4) It took almost 8 hours to know that I cant get any solution (5) I was told to come some other day(6) They do not give you any complaint number (register)I somehow managed with the problems for two months. I was out of station for more than a month. Now came the third jolt and my mapmyindia device became a brick. It now has the following problem in addition to the existing:1) Cant launch navigator \storage card\windows CE\MapmyIndia_Aura.exe. Please check the SD card.2) The software performed illegal operation (MAIN)........When I went to those websites where I read all good things about MMI and about it as the best GPS navigation system for India, I unfortunately found those to be about the system software and not about device or the customer service/support. I you were to spend a good amount on it, you must think about the ASS too. Otherwise your android device or goole maps would be fine and inexpensive. I have burnt the money and want others to be cautious, to say the least

from what i understand Nokia maps and navigation are being delivered as a core feature of windows phone 8.

True. Nokia maps and Nokia drive will be integrated in WP8 though Nokia drive on other OEM will miss on some features. It 'l be wired to have Nokia branded services on other OEM devices but it will add great functionality. And Nokia lumia devices will have Nokia drive+ app which will have some exclusive features. They have not made it clear which are these features.

For Windows phone, I would recommend gMaps app, so far its best option available on Non-Nokia WP hansdets 🙂