ADSL modem splitter is unreachable!

• Thread starter Thread starter codename47
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 6,809

codename47

I have SMC 7003 USB ADSL Modem and I am using it for connecting data one broadband service. Unfortunately I don't have an ADSL splitter. I wanted to buy one. I dont know where to buy it and is there any shop available particularly for buying this splitter in chennai? I want to buy the ADSL splitter alone. Or is there anybody who'd wish to sell their ADSL modem splitter please let me know. Can I use any ADSL splitter to connect over my telephone line and then one end to the ADSL modem and the other to the telephone or we must have to have the ADSL modem splitter specially and particularly designed for our own ADSL modem models? Any clues? regards, Codename47

You can use any ADSL Splitter.

Originally posted by codename47@Mar 15 2005, 04:10 PM
I have SMC 7003 USB ADSL Modem and I am using it for connecting data one broadband service. Unfortunately I don't have an ADSL splitter. I wanted to buy one. I dont know where to buy it and is there any shop available particularly for buying this splitter in chennai? I want to buy the ADSL splitter alone. Or is there anybody who'd wish to sell their ADSL modem splitter please let me know.

Can I use any ADSL splitter to connect over my telephone line and then one end to the ADSL modem and the other to the telephone or we must have to have the ADSL modem splitter specially and particularly designed for our own ADSL modem models? Any clues?
regards,
Codename47
[snapback]6627[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think it is wise to use the splitter supplied with you modem.As you do not have it, take a stroll across the computer/electronics market and search for one. But I would recommend the footpath vendors nearby who can sell it for a few rupees !

Cable shops/footpath shops along chandni chowk is a fine place to search for the splitter.

What u mostly get in the footpaths are ordinary telephone splitters - the ones that are used to connect more than one telephones to a single line. ADSL splitter is not an ordinary splitter - its called microfilter. ADSL splitter stops ADSL signal interfering with the voice part of the phone line and ensures that ADSL line is terminated correctly. An unmatched termination can cause reflections back down the line. If the splitter is not installed correctly, a phone call is disturbed by a strong interfering signal (coming from the ADSL) and communication ADSL is disturbed (disconnection Internet). Someone posted abt line interference during telephone call. It surely a case of defective splitter. I am not sure whether such microfilters are yet available in the chandni market footpath. Here's something abt ADSL splitters - http://www.vacuumschmelze.de/dynamic/en/ho...dslsplitter.php

I think I am aware of this Hulo !Normal as well as ADSL splitters are available if u search there.

Splitters are not provided by BSNL !It comes alongwith the ADSL modem. :lol:Now, if someone's splitter malfunctions, he has to search for a new one...

BSNL will surely replace the splitter for a charge ( though I am yet to ask them for such a request but thats what I guess ).

Why should they do so?Splitters are packed alongwith the modem.They might repair them or provide local,cheap ones...Seems like u r overdependent and demanding great from BSNL!:lol:

BSNL has not let me down as such so may be I am feeling that they may do the needful. I hope I dont get a bad experience.